[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Look /biz/ we've all got mountains to climb, amirite? This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: MtAdams.jpg (158KB, 1600x979px) Image search: [Google]
MtAdams.jpg
158KB, 1600x979px
Look /biz/
we've all got mountains to climb, amirite?
This behemoth of an obstacle called getting rich is something we all face and I'd like to find myself financially free by guiding people up mountains and on hikes as I am an avid hiker, expert outdoorsman and novice mountaineer.

Who here has experience making money by being some sort of guide, or owning some sort of guide service? What was it? Where was it? My ultimate goal is to become a mountain guide on big mountains but I will start by guiding people on hikes of small mountains, 5,000' and below. I live in Washington, USA.

What are some things I will need to get started? A standard business license of course, perhaps some sort of first aid or CPR training beyond the typical card?

Could I just post an ad on CL and take one person at a time up small mountains?

Also, weigh in here on all things tourism/ guide service.
>>
>>1472377
Insurance so you don't go bankrupt when you kill someone.
>>
>>1472377
P.S. Thanks in advance for any answer to my questions or advice (:
>>
>>1472381
^^ This
>>
>>1472381
Would that be my liability? Insurance seems like it'd be a bizness killer in the early steps because it is so expensive.
>>
>>1472381
wouldn't some waivers take care of the need for insurance?
>>
>>1472393
I don't know how they do things over there but here you basically need insurance regardless of what you do if you run a business, I imagine you will be heavily limited in what you can do with insurance and setting up a company/getting any sort of loan will be impossible without it.
>>
>>1472377
Research the shit out of the place. I mean historical and pop-culture.
People love a good yarn.
>And you might remember this from Twin Peaks
>See that Italianate villa? they reckon Tom Cruise owns it.

Make sure you know which are true and which are false, and just repeat the most interesting ones regardless of their veracity. Also know where all the photo ops are, work them in.

Come up with little monologues, stories, with peaks and troughs, each step along the journey you reveal another episode in the little saga. Middle Aged people will love that.

As for mountain climbing, I can't really say, all I suggest is when you've decided on a place do the run like 20 times yourself before you get customers, just get really fucking good at it, know it like the back of your hand. Know what happens after it's been raining, is it slippery, does the rock dry quickly?

That means that if one of your clients bites off more than they can chew and starts doing the course wrong, you can stop and correct them before they fuck themselves up.
>>
>>1472392
>Would that be my liability?
yes
>Insurance seems like it'd be a bizness killer in the early steps because it is so expensive.
those are the words of someone that has never bought insurance.

yours to start would likely only be a couple hundred dollars a month.
>>
>>1472377
>What are some things I will need to get started?
You'll need a permit from the National Forest and/or BLM to operate a business on government land. From what I've heard they're not expensive, just extremely difficult to get and keep.
>>
>>1472377
Live in kansas but here we have some hills. A 6 mile hike while bothering wildlife is common. 0 experience here but i higly suggest good insurance.

Mark your path with gos and give to first responders with a sonewhat description of where on the path u will be. So if some fucktard breaks his leg u dont have to carry him. U can call up and saybim near marker blank, pop a smoke bomb. And flag the chopper down in a safe area. If any want to continue the hike then u go on about your day.

Obviously if bears and shit up there get a big ass gun and some mace etc.

Good good insurance.

Personally i would hide small ration and emergency boxes along the trails if u can.

So u dont have to have a giant pack and if a freak storm shows up maybe u got a few tents hid.

Dunno.

Good luck to u anon.
>>
>>1472377
That sounds like a dream job. Even if you don't get paid much, it's not like you have rent to worry about when you're sleeping in the great outdoors.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.