[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did early humans such as Adam & Methuselah live so long,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1466740945528.gif (363KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
1466740945528.gif
363KB, 250x226px
Why did early humans such as Adam & Methuselah live so long, according to the Bible? Some suggest it may have been a mistranslation, but there are too many inconsistencies for that to be true either (i.e., Enosh fathering a child at 9). Was the water more pure? The air? The food? Did God, the angels, maybe even aliens sustain them? Moses went forty days without sustenance just by being in the presence of God.

Certain patriarchs and matriarchs may have been chosen and biologically altered to carry the purest seed throughout the lands. Perhaps there was just a naturally occurring trait in their genealogy that granted such health, one that has slowly been dilution over generations of breeding. Maybe this is why God smote Onan for pulling out, for not creating another patriarch.

The implication is that average human lifespan will steadily decrease with each new generation. The only reason we live longer now than in the 1700s is because of the advent of modern medicine. We are not the archetype, we are a husk of what true humanity once was. Technological and biological evolution / diversity has been our downfall, we have burned twice as bright but only an eighth as long.

What is your take on this phenomenon?
>>
>>1472219
>What is your take on this phenomenon?
That it's a fucking myth and not a scientific fact with any evidence to support it.
>>
>>1472221
like most things purported to be and generally accepted as fact
>>
I'm not familiar with that particular fairy tale, but I can answer your question about longevity.

Life expectancy is typically represented by the mean. Once you remove deaths at birth, plagues, etc. you will see that those who did survive lived about as long as we do today.
>>
>>1472227
I dunno, I can go out and prove water is wet pretty easily.
We also have extensive contemporary or near-contemporary records regarding most historical events that aren't considered legendary.
All we have for Adam is an account written thousands of years later and claiming that the Earth is 6,000 years old.
>>
File: fedora.png (45KB, 753x788px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.png
45KB, 753x788px
>>1472325
>>1472336
>>
>>1472219

>Why the fuck on /biz/

Only real question here
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.