[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 30 and I still have no real optimism that Ill ever have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1472408859820.jpg (174KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1472408859820.jpg
174KB, 600x450px
I'm 30 and I still have no real optimism that Ill ever have real success that would be happy or what the hell my real passion is. I feel like even if I found a job I'm just always going to be in miserable situations. Hell I even jot a job finally a couple months back but then they laid me off after only working one day because of budgets so they basically changed their mind about hiring people. I get constantly pushed around and then told I'm being picky when I don't want abusive 12 hour / night shift jobs. I have mental issues at times so that doesn't help either when trying to deal with people.
>>
>>1471279

try /r9k/
>>
>>1471282
Nah it aint like I'm suicidal or anything. Just want to know from people who's probably been really late bloomers in this regard like me how they finally reached it. Just to know that it really isn't too late for me.
>>
Happiness is all about perspective. I know that sounds hippy-dippie, but it's completely true. There's no such thing as a "fun" job. Everything eventually becomes monotonous and boring. What makes people happy is either money, travel, or supporting their family.
>>
>>1471279
have you thought of going on a murderous rampage? who knows... maybe killing people is for you and you can make a career out of it. the mob is always hiring psychopaths to get rid of people.
>>
>>1471310
*bullshit chart about Rowling, Colonel Sanders and Martha Stewart

27 yo here, same situation
>>
File: imagealia-1.jpg (63KB, 630x578px) Image search: [Google]
imagealia-1.jpg
63KB, 630x578px
>>1471323
>There's no such thing as a "fun" job.
>>
>>1471329
Yeah I mean I hear of "famous people" that was this way but yeah those are rare and I'm not going to be a famous person, nor would I really want to be.
>>1471323
Doesn't nessesarily have to be "fun" it just has to be "right" for me. Hell the job I mentioned that I had ripped under me was actually a fairly physical warehouse maintinance job where I had to clear stuff/move stuff in the way etc. But it worked out the hours weren't crazy or anything and it seemed like the people wanted me to have some success. But then something happend higher up and at first it was just a delay because they had to move to a bigger location down the street but then then I was never called back and when I asked they said stuff about budgets and it's been months so that job's basically dead now. I can do everything right and still just be screwed over it can really depress me.
>>
>>1471279
I'm actually pretty glad you posted this, because I'm 26 and lost as hell mang. Who /lostasfuck/ here?
>>
>>1471279
get a fucking hobby. focus on something other than your job and just let your job be a way to finance your fun.
>>
>>1471356
Yeah I get so lost in this job looking mess too.
>>
File: 1471358401558s.jpg (10KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1471358401558s.jpg
10KB, 205x246px
>>1471361
I would suggest this also. Jobs all suck. My boses love me and ive done 15 minutes of actual work today. Still dont wanna fucking be here
>>
>>1471393
I do somewhat have hobbies , mostly to escape from me feeling so bad about myself for awhile.
It's funny I can at times feel so down but would never want to "an hero" or anything.
Can be really hard to be optimistic about the future.
>>
>>1471361
This. All my bosses love me but I hate working. ¯\(°_o)/¯
>>
> I have mental issues at times so that doesn't help either when trying to deal with people.

Step one to success: quit using "muh mental issues" as an excuse and learn to fucking talk to people. Let met guess, ADD? OCD? Some other meme disease that literally just poor self control?
>>
jobs suck knowing theres people making money on the internet
>>
I feel for you op.. Where do you live?
>>
>>1472195
North Carolina.
>>
>>1471279
So OP, what are you gonna do about it? Just complain like a little pussy?
>>
>>1473190
No I am actually still looking and got a place that helps find jobs helping too but still even then it's like wtf do I lead towards as a real success goal?
>>
Well I moved to London 6 years ago when I was 27 with only OK English. I got a job at a pub, then a hotel receptionist, then an Events Manager at the same hotel, then onto the global HQ of the hotel chain (Sales Support role), then industry move - Sales Support in an IT Fortune 500 company... stayed there 3 years, got some certificates (ITIL, Lean Six Sigma etc) and am now hopping onto a government job to manage Process Improvement projects.

Obviously I got lucky a lot of times and it's London (plenty of opportunities for ambitious people), however I think the following helped me:

1) being a /fit/izen - have been lifting, running and eating well for years now and have built mental discipline, grit and persistence

2) Keep learning and improving - anything you don't know, google and read. I keep reading stuff how to improve my CV, LinkedIn, and stay relevant within my industry. I have a mid- and long-term plan with all training and certificates I will get and am always working on something after work

3) Manage your household properly and be organised, because a shitty homelife is a huge distraction from your career

4) Stay positive, and when you get a slap, give yourself an hour or two to feel bad, then dust yourself off and move on

5) Approach life like a winner

6) This probably goes without saying, but you need to be clean and presentable. A good haircut always pays off
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.