[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just graduated with a liberal arts degree from a top school(not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (27KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 500x386px
I just graduated with a liberal arts degree from a top school(not ivy but close in rankings), and I'll be starting an analyst position with a boutique management consulting firm in two weeks.

Im on a 90 day probationary period where I can be terminated at will, and I can leave at-will.

I'm ok at math, have had professional internships in the past with success, so I don't think I'm entirely retarded, but I can be a socially awkward Autist and I'm honestly not that business/economically savvy.

How the fuck do I not get fired during the next 3 months? How do I become a full-time career adult normie?
>>
>>1471275
Show up on time, follow instructions, ask questions when you need to. Same as with any other job.

>Aside, when the fuck did /biz/ become /r9k/'s sister board?
>>
>>1471275
some things that helped a lot
1) Try to find small things that you think might be improved. Then do it and show the result.
2) Not be only on time but come earlier and leave earlier. But make sure they notice it.
3) Heavy workload? Take that paper/laptop home and finish it there. Don't tell anyone about that.
4) Find the weakest guy and fit in when the others bash him
>>
>>1471275
how did you get the gig?
>>
>>1471275
>Liberal arts
>Good university
>Analyst position

Gain entry into a good university, study a retarded degree, several internships, gain a decent job... and you come to the degenerates of /biz/ for advice

What the fuck man
>>
Not op, but what exactly does a "business analyst" do? Like...in real words i would understand, not textbook jargon like google explains
>>
>>1471396
I just don't get this post
>>
>>1471401
Most of them can't really explain what it is they exactly do.
>>
>>1471431
Basically, he meant your life is pretty much set and that you're "beyond" 4chan. It's a compliment, though I like how he dissed your degree even after seeing what it got you.

STEM and /biz/ majors will never see value outside their respective bubbles I guess.
>>
>>1471826
Thank you kind sir. I didn't have the heart to explain.
>>
>>1471401
I used to a business analyst, the job varies from company to company but basically you monitor where money is made and where it is lost. Creates solutions, make proposals and do a little bit of programming.
>>
Become proficient with Excel
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.