[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ this is my first time dropping by, and I need some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: money-1090816_960_720.jpg (118KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
money-1090816_960_720.jpg
118KB, 960x638px
Hey /biz/ this is my first time dropping by, and I need some advice. I'm looking to start my own business, though don't really know what kind of business I should start. I don't have any clue how to start a online sales business, nor do I know how to start a service business. I'm not really a professional at anything, but I do know how to do a little of everything thanks to the many jobs I've held.

The city I live in is mostly middle to lower class people, so whatever I do ((if a service business)) would have to be priced reasonably well so it's viable to run the business. At least that's what makes sense to me.

So /biz/, how should I go about starting my very own business for the first time? What should I do? What do you think would be in my best interest as a potential new business owner?

>>
>>1471230
>I'm looking to start my own business, though don't really know what kind of business I should start.
Then you shouldn't be starting a business. Full stop.

A business should come from an insight, either a service which you can provide that someone else can't, or a cost or time cutting method you've discovered.
>>
At first I thought starting a lawn care service wouldn't be so bad, but I'm not sure I could do it quick enough so that I could generate enough profit to live off of. I'd need to hire help, but I don't have any cash set aside to pay for some help. I could always give them a cut of the profit as it comes in... but that honestly feels a little shady.
>>
My driving force is becoming my own boss. I would think that is a large driving force behind most people wanting to start their own business. I can see why insight or the ability or knowledge on providing a better/faster service is needed though.

That being said, everyone has to start somewhere. Some people wake up one day having the great idea that they will cut lawns for the rest of their life.

I refuse to just give up because I haven't had an eye opening idea that will make everyone want to throw money at me. I don't need to be rich. This is more for my own mental and physical health than anything.
>>
>>1471230
>though don't really know what kind of business I should start. I don't have any clue how to start a online sales business, nor do I know how to start a service business

>So /biz/, how should I go about starting my very own business for the first time? What should I do? What do you think would be in my best interest as a potential new business owner?
Do your own fucking homework and learn the answers to the questions above

>I refuse to just give up because I haven't had an eye opening idea that will make everyone want to throw money at me. I don't need to be rich. This is more for my own mental and physical health than anything.
I fucking hate this 4chan teenager mentality
>If I think of an amazing idea I'll be able to capitalize on it and get rich and successful.
No, 99% of businesses revolve around existing products and services and invent or do nothing new, and the extreme majority of the remaining 1% fail.
Good business is about supplying a demand better or more accurately than the next guy. Stop chasing magic pills and learn to work hard day in day out
>>
>>1471248
Start off doing lawn care by yourself. When you get more customers, hire more employees. Gotta start somewhere...
>>
>>1471359
You're assuming a lot of stuff, for one that I don't already work hard. I work damn hard. I don't always go over my 40 hours a week, but I put in my time and I do my job well.

>Do your own fucking homework and learn the answers to the questions above
What the hell do you think I'm doing on the computer at this very moment? I'm not some helpless little fuck, I've got so many tabs open on my computer that the damn thing should catch fire any second. I've got a notebook ready to be filled out, and have been currently filling it out. In case you still haven't figured this out, the internet is a large place and not everything on it is useful.

>I fucking hate this 4chan teenager mentality
You hate people not giving up or dislike that I don't feel the need to be rich??

>If I think of an amazing idea I'll be able to capitalize on it and get rich and successful.
This doesn't apply to me, I didn't say this. I never even thought this. I don't plan on being rich, but I do need to be somewhat successful. Any idiot knows that.

>99% of businesses revolve around existing products and services and invent or do nothing new
That's what I thought, but the internet (the same thing that I've been using to do my own fucking homework)

>Stop chasing magic pills and learn to work hard day in day out
You should hop off that pedestal you put yourself on, because your placing meaning where it doesn't belong. My words never implied I wanted some magical intervention or someone to do my work for me. You implied this, no one else. Like I said, I work damn hard. That's why my body and mental health are so fucked, because I work so hard.

>>1471368
Yeah, that was a possibility I recorded in my notebook. I'm just not 100% sure it's a viable route. We've got every damn mexican and their family running a lawn care business in this town. I think they mostly do businesses and large plots of land, but if I could find a way to market and hit just normal yards.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.