[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I bought an old house for about the price of the land, kinda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 112569?size=full.jpg (237KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
112569?size=full.jpg
237KB, 640x427px
So I bought an old house for about the price of the land, kinda like pic (this is in mainland Europe).

Do I tear it down and pretend I just bought the land, or try to sell it at a profit after some very minimal tidying-up?
>>
>>1470765
What do you honestly expect us to say?
>>
>>1470765
look at the zoning laws. if you can build more upon the site than the house you have, then do a calculation. if the profit you turn is enough after construction cost. if you don't know how to do this, hire an architect, it's their profession..
>>
>>1470768
I looked into adding about 70m2 to the house, but I'm not sure if making this old house more expensive is going to attract more potential buyers.

>>1470767
How about this: I won't expect you to say anything. That work for you?
>>
Which ever costs less, do that one.
>>
OP here; it basically boils down to this:

1)
>tear down old and build completely new
Meaning I paid full price for the land and the new building.

2)
>try to sell as is and hope for a profit
Meaning I get a good deal.

I've had about 10 real estate agents come by and check the house, and they nearly all project a sale price of 260k.
I bought it for 220k.

Pretty sure they estimate high just to get to sell your shit and get their commission no matter how little it actually sells for, but it's still tempting.
>>
Op please. To give any valid advice on this we need more info. I can tell you dont have much clue what you are doing by the way you wrote this.

How much cashflow would it bring write now, how much could it bring with some fixing and how much would that cost, whats your morgage if you have one.
Whats the price of building a typical house of your area, whats the price of surrounding houses, what does the land law allow you to build and would you be able to market it.

Get some good and active property manager with a development background to valuate it, not some agent who needs to fish you with a high price.

t. Real Estate Agent
Also this:
>>1470767
>>
>>1471427
I bought the house for 210k Euros, which is about the price for a construction plot of that size (1,000 sq meters).

So the house was pretty much a free bonus.

I had about 10 agents come by, and the average they estimated was about 260-270k if I sold it right now.
I'm just scared they estimate high just to get me to sign with them. And then they make a commission no matter how little it actually sells for.

I guess it boils down to this: can estimates by real estate agents be trusted, or are they always going to be a bit high?

>Whats the price of building a typical house of your area
I can only see asking prices, and it's tough to find similar houses on similar land of a similar age.

I found this one house in my area that's the same age, with one more bedroom but with 1/3 less land, and they're asking 300k.

>would you be able to market it.
My wife is a magician with the interior, if that counts.

>I can tell you dont have much clue
No shit.
>>
>>1471450
Agents are usually a bit up. For a reasonable estimate follow my advise and get a property manager/ developer to have a look at it.

I would also calculate if you could rent it out, how much it would cost to match your market and such. If you want the quick buck go with a Agent to sell it. I would expect the lowest estimate. Assuming you had one or to Agents that really put some research in. If you dont sell it you still can cancle the contract usually a half year up to one year after.

I dont have any idea if it makes sence to tear it down and rebuild than sell. There are to much unknowns to that and you should seek help of a local building Corp for that.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.