[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, I've never visited here before so I'm afraid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1290291148185.jpg (63KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1290291148185.jpg
63KB, 300x300px
Hey /biz/, I've never visited here before so I'm afraid I don't know the etiquette/expectations, but thought I'd give it a go...

I'm now in a position where I've got £1,000 per month building up after all expenses, pocket money, and maximum deposits into my HTB-ISA and 6% savings account (this time next year that'll jump to ~£2,000 per month)

All it's doing at the moment is losing its value (being held in a <1% interest 'savings' account)

I was just hoping for some advice on what to do with it?
>>
>>1470009
You need to have a few thousand in your savings account for emergencies and large purchases.
Put the rest in an index fund, or in stocks if you like risk.
>>
>>1470016
I thought index funds were stocks... But I guess that's why I'm here... Because I'm pretty clueless on these things

Will look into more though - thanks
>>
>>1470025
Index funds invest in stocks for you.
What I meant by "stocks" was research, pick, and buy your own. It's very likely you won't make as much money long-term as you would with an index fund, but there's still that small chance you'll come out ahead.
>>
>>1470043

I had an index fund. Basically most revenue they made went into the pocket as ''bonus'' for the guy who managed it. Not gaining me any money at all. So I started researching stock myself, so I can gain more/ blaim myself if everything goes to shit. (Looking at you hugo boss stock)
>>
>>1470009
Try a different site OP. Most people here that give advice are NEET that never really made any money and are regurgitating what they've read on the board before. Anyone that can offer legitimate advice is fucking around shitposting instead.
>>
>>1470079
That's a mutual fund.
Look into Vanguard index funds. They hardly charge anything.
>>
>>1470009

Depends on what you;re trying to do.Without looking at any numbers do the following:

Let me invest it for you and we'll make 100% annualized and allow me some percentage of whatever you make. (no risk)

Invest in small cap stocks that you think will be successful in 1-2 years and aim for an annual return of 25-30% high risk.

Invest mid cap for 15-30% still pretty high risk

invest large cap for 3-5%

Look at ETF's that have been historically successful in industries that you like and throw some in that. You could make a killing if an industry becomes more productive. The risk here is tied to the industry you'd pick.

You could also take an online Finance class on coursera or something and actually learn how to actually analyze a company's performance and choose whether or not you want to short or long it.

You could buy a house in an area with high rent and use that extra 1000 to cover the mortgage on the house and rent it out at a higher price while you retain actual ownership of the house. You could then pay it off and start managing real-estate.

Or start a small part-time business and become a millionaire.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.