[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to my first industry event tomorrow where there will be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1424539667522.jpg (74KB, 708x763px) Image search: [Google]
1424539667522.jpg
74KB, 708x763px
Going to my first industry event tomorrow where there will be reps from State Farm, Goldman Sachs, tech companies and the like. I am majoring in both Stats and Comp Sci, so that makes my resume look nice.

How do I approach the reps? What do I say to them? What do I ask about their company? What the fuck do I do? I just want an internship.
>>
>>1469669
>comp sci
HE FELL FOR IT
>>
>>1469669
just open with a funny joke to break the ice. works every time. cross your eyes, extend your goofy hand, and exclaim, "MY NAME SUCC BOI!"
>>
>>1469669
"L.O.L."
>>
>>1469669
just remember they want you more than you want them. you have the upper hand here, anon.

freshmeat.org
>>
>>1469669
>industry event
>he thinks those matter
Just say hello, ask about what kind of positions are available, talk about your qualifications/why they should hire you, get a business card and leave.

Also, after you inevitably get directed to apply online, send the person you talked to a follow-up email "announcing" you've applied and reaffirming your interest in the company.
>>
>>1469669
Hello, I'm a (insert year here) majoring in Computer Science and Statistics and I was wondering if your company has any more events coming up.

I really enjoyed the presentation and am interested in your company. Are there many opportunities for people in Computer Science and Statistics present in your company?

*he answers your questions and you you nod and smile while he does so*

Wow recruiter anon, thanks for the information, could I get contact information from you in case I have any more questions in the future?
>>
tell them that you're socially retarded, you have no sense of self, no real goals, that you get your career advice from an underground vietnamese rice patty forum filled with role players and frog pictures and that you're basically a confused child stuck in an adults body

then ask them "what do i do, senpai? pls help. i want to learn about stock markets and the economy and be an investment banker and learn technical analysis and be a billionaire how do i do this? also i want an internship"
>>
>>1469733
Also, mention your name, my bad.

And maintain eye contact 70-80% of the time, and give a firm but not autism tier handshake.
>>
>>1469669
you won't really stand out from the crowd unless you have some x-tra curiccs under your belt. if you want to make it in new york city, you gotta get ur jockstrap funky, bro. anything. fucking fencing, lacrosse, croquet, whatever. honestly, you sound like a midwest cornball so best of luck to you, my friend, 3 percent interest on deposits, lending money out at 6 percent, and being able to "tee off at the golf course by 3 p.m."
>>
>>1469741
Ay lmao kek
>>
>>1469741
*"wat do?"
>>
>>1469731
I've attended maybe 50 of these kinds of events at my school. Only one directly led me to the interview stage without having to go through online application and it was thanks to me making an underhanded comment making fun of some dweeb that was trying too hard to impress a recruiter
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.