[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to open up an alcohol/tabaco store in a shitty neighbourhood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: browse_products.jpg (142KB, 905x445px) Image search: [Google]
browse_products.jpg
142KB, 905x445px
I want to open up an alcohol/tabaco store in a shitty neighbourhood where I would get a constant customer flow.
1. I already have the list of all local alcohol suppliers/wholesellers.
2. Made research on licenses that are required to open this kind of store.
3. I have the approximate of all monthly costs including rent etc.

Whats my next step?
>>
>>1469577
Enjoy having to deal with tramps and poles
>>
Buy a gun for when Ceaser and his monkey friends decide to hit up your store.
>>
Become good friends with local police.
>>
>>1469577
Hope your list of licenses includes a gun license, as you're gonna need it.
>>
>>1469577
If you can, get your licences filed and ratified before you open the business. Some will require you to have a physical location before you get the licence, others you can register without a brick and mortar location. Sort out the details first. Also you can just phone the city and be like "I want to open a business at [location] and sell [wares]. Tell me about zoning and municipal laws regarding this." Hopefully they won't ask you to send your lawyer. You need to avoid your municipal stumbling blocks—stuff like "Bylaw M130: No liquor sold within 10 miles of a school," that sort of thing. Municipalities come up with these weird laws and they're not always intuitive. Unless you know lawyers who will work for free, or are very familiar with the legal code, I wouldn't bother confronting them. I trust you also have looked up your provincial/state laws and federal laws regarding this sort of thing.

Don't commit to buy anything until you are sure you can sell it, or at the very least store it. And while you're waiting for your zoning paperwork, bylaw inquiries, and licences to trickle through the bureaucracy, you should investigate your suppliers. Some are really shitty people. Don't sign contracts or commit to purchase until you're sure they're the ones you want to be doing business with.

You'll also want to figure out how you'll secure all your assets. Safes, locks, window bars, alarms, etc. Also, factor anticipated losses into your financial projections. If you're in a shitty neighbourhood, selling liquor and tabacky, you will have robberies, deadbeats/fraud, and drunks show up and break your shit. Talk to other stores, banks, and perhaps the police about known problems. And figure out your insurance against this sort of thing and whether they pay attention to camera footage or not—not all of them do, and not all police departments give a shit about crime footage (store I used to work at got burglarized and the police were like "that's your problem").
>>
>>1469577
No amount of money is worth having to deal with welfare mommies trying to buy booze and cigs with EBT.

While taking advantage of the poor is very /biz/, only Asians have the temperament to manage a store like this in a ghetto.
>>
File: hh1Ag05.jpg (205KB, 1600x1195px) Image search: [Google]
hh1Ag05.jpg
205KB, 1600x1195px
you're gonna need something like this. I lived in a shit neighborhood for a few years and this was standard in all liquor stores.
>>
File: ghetto schools.jpg (38KB, 648x529px) Image search: [Google]
ghetto schools.jpg
38KB, 648x529px
>>1469620

Kek holy shit how do Indians think of shit like this
>>
>>1469621
Get a gun pointed at you enough and you'll begin to do it on the reg.

I've seen a lot of places like that in Baltimore. Needless to say, if the store you're in has bulletproof glass or shielding like that, you're in a bad place and should leave.
>>
File: bullet-proof-taco-bell.jpg (124KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
bullet-proof-taco-bell.jpg
124KB, 600x450px
>>1469622
liquor stores and gas stations are one thing but when food places are doing it you need to gtfo right away. my favorite was a local pizza place who had cut the glass perfectly as to fit a single pizza box through at a time. felt bad for the guy and tried to eat there as much as I could but he ended up closing down.
>>
File: nyc.jpg (49KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
nyc.jpg
49KB, 600x900px
>>1469622

It's sad that people have to go to such levels as putting a rotating shield.

OP you should also note that if you're not Indian or Asian or Hispanic, blacks will hate you even more.
>>
File: plan.png (30KB, 1226x737px) Image search: [Google]
plan.png
30KB, 1226x737px
>>1469613
Thanks for the great advice, anon. Will take everything into consideration.

>>1469620
Already thought about it.
>pic related
Keep in mind the layout will probably be different depending on the property.
>>
File: IMG_4252.jpg (575KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4252.jpg
575KB, 1600x1200px
>>1469620
>>1469621

thats nothing. This is a popeyes chicken.

Googled image, but is exactly the same as the popeyes by my old warehouse job downtown
>>
File: 1472419796319.png (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1472419796319.png
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>1469869

Might as well put a damn machine gun there ffs Holy shit.

>Hi may I take your order
>"um...do y'all take E.B-"
BRrrrrrrrrrrRrrrrtTTtt!!!!
>trap door opens & body falls in
>NEXT!

Gawdamn
>>
Get good insurance.
Get security cameras.
Get a shotgun.
Get bullet proof glass.
Get doors that you can lock remotely.
Get a panic button.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.