[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/ I've never posted here but I am in a bit of a panic.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: marlboro-marine.jpg (34KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
marlboro-marine.jpg
34KB, 500x334px
/biz/ I've never posted here but I am in a bit of a panic.

Like a moron I ignored repaying student loans for a very long time and today I received a letter from the Department of Education telling me that they are preparing to contact my employer in order to garnish my wages by 15%.

My total debt is about $11,000.

According to the letter, I have to contact them within 30 days in order to make some arrangement with them.

Also tells me to call some place called FMS.

Do I just do as they say?

Am I fucked?

I don't want my employer finding out about this as it could seriously impact my career.

Please help
>>
>>1468611

How long is a very long time? You're usually allowed a grace period.

How much money do you have in your savings to pay off a chunk of the 11k?
>>
>>1468628
This fag hadn't paid his debts.

He's probably living like a shitbag and waaaay beyond his means.

I doubt he has 1 cent in savings.

t. Buttmad student loan debt collector.
>>
>>1468611
Your dealing with the US government this isn't a typical bill collector. With a typcial bill collector you could blow them off with federal debts its best you seek legal counsel.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=student+loan+lawyers
>>
>>1468628

Like 10 years. Yes I am an idiot, I understand.

I have about $7k that I could use to pay.

There is other stuff going on in my life and I can't afford to spend more on this debt right now.

From what I read on Google this type of letter is pretty serious and I need to act before the 30 days?

Should I talk to a Credit Counseling Service so they can intervene for me?
>>
>>1468637
>waaaay beyond his means

If by way beyond my means you mean helping out my father financially then yeah.
>>
>>1468651
J U S T
U S T
S T
T
>>
> $11k of debt
$11k of debt
> $11k of debt
$11k of debt
> $11k of debt
$11k of debt

And you let it get to the point where your wages are being garnished? 95% of students have loans that are at least twice that, and you decided to be this much of a shitbag?
>>
>>1468645
10 years? Dude I paid off 10K while on a grad student salary.
>>
File: image.png (712KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
712KB, 640x1136px
>>1468651

>>1468651

This is why we shouldnt give loans to genetic financial failures
>>
>>1468645

The letter is actually very serious. They're afraid you're going to default on the loan. And yes, you should talk to a reputable counseling service. Make it clear you have 7k and they should help you structure monthly payment plans

Godspeed anon
>>
>>1468611
You owe the equivalwnt of a used car in student loans and ignored them?

Whats your "career" bagboy at a grocery store?
>>
>>1468651

>Hey son, give me some money
>But dad I need to pay back my loans
>Son, don't give the gubmint nothing! Your family needs your money more than those guys!
>Ok, here you go!

Fast forward 10 years

>Dad, I can't pay back those loans, what did you do about your loans?
>What loans?
>>
You went 10 years of your life and you couldn't afford the minimum payment? Did you have a severe cocaine addiction?
>>
>>1469310

Thanks anon
>>
>>1468611

Contact them, just be like ''yeah I'll pay $250 monthly'' and you're done with it.
>>
>>1468611

Dude. it's $11k. Just pay it.

That's like $100 a month to start paying it off. That's one night a month waiting tables at a popular restaurant.

Unfortunately the govt has a lot more power than you in this matter.
>>
>>1468651
You either die a beggar or live long enough to become a loan shark.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.