[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best option for me at this point right the hell now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
What is the best option for me at this point right the hell now

>single, no kids
>first year uni, majoring in English
>Yale
>realizing majoring in English may kill me

Well.. What do I do? I cannot waste my life doing some kind of engineering, that would be the worst possible job option for me.
>>
>>1468214
Stupid question. Delete this and stop shitting the board up.
>>
>>1468214
max students loans and financial aid to buy trumpcoins.
3-5 years Graduate a billionaire with English as a Major.
>>
>>1468216
Okay grandpa
>>
What did you have in mind when you decided to major in English?
>>
>>1468224
Self fulfillment and possible professorship. Realizing that professorship is life sucking though.
>>
Since it's only your first year, get all of your gen ed's out of the way and decide next summer. After going to some classes and seeing what interests you, then you can decide.

Just don't do English ffs
>>
>>1468218
seriously this haha
>>
Get a change of major. Go into something else.

Alternatively, teach yourself other skills, network and get jobs in an actual field.

If you're in ivy league, people will value your degree even if its a shit English degree, mostly because they realize the curriculum must be hard. I've seen sociology majors at hedge funds on wall street, but they either had family connections or already had a skill and they networked
>>
>>1468214
You go to Yale bro.

You'll be fine. If anything, just switch majors to things that have better employment opportunities.
>>
>>1468214
Day trade stocks
>>
>>1468221
>calls anon grandpa
>comes on board of older people asking for advice on life
>nothing even about business or finance because... you know, /biz/
>engineering

How a fucking retard like you got into Yale boggles my mind. You must be a nigger.
>>
>>1468250
I guess so. Just don't want to be stuck in a bad situation
>>1468260
Did Yale reject you or something? It's a finance related question..
Nice try
>>
>>1468214
>I cannot waste my life doing some kind of engineering, that would be the worst possible job option for me
That depends on what engineering, but taking english is 100% guaranteed to fuck you over, and with your shitty attitude I highly doubt you'd make it through any other degree, especially not medical. Your best bet is to suck dicks. bye.
>>
>>1468214
Go and become a creative, you can make bank in advertising.
>>
Learn how to socialize and you'll be okay.
>>
>Yale

Nice meme
>>
>>1468315

Fuck that, its stressful as shit.

"I made this design because ____"

"We like it but (insert modt vague direction with buzz words like viral-ful and popping)"

Slave on new designs stressing on new ideas and timeframes

"Congrats Anon they went with your first design!'

Every fucking time.
>>
>>1468225
>Self fulfillment
kys
>>
>>1468214
Change majors? Why does this need it's own thread. It sounds like you already know the answer. You're a first year student, most people change their degree paths after their first year.

Most people are firing blind anyway whenever they pick their degree plans at first. It's almost kind of dumb to expect what is essentially some high school kid to pick a major.
>>
File: 1465399090013.jpg (69KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
1465399090013.jpg
69KB, 800x587px
>>1468338
How about you go into writing copy as a side business and slowly diverse from there, adding more services, such as SEO to returning customers?
>>
>>1468376

I'm big-ly on writing words lol.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.