[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is legal/feasible to have in your Will the distribution of your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1465580179192.png (81KB, 307x287px) Image search: [Google]
1465580179192.png
81KB, 307x287px
is legal/feasible to have in your Will the distribution of your estate to the person who killed you? whoever it is, unnamed.
>>
>>1467042
I'm not aware of any reason why you couldn't. It'd be an interesting catch-22, as accepting the money could be construed as an admission of guilt.

That said, you'd want a much more robust will. In the (significantly more likely) event that you die of other causes, you'd want to specify who gets your estate so that it doesn't end up in probate.
>>
>>1467042
In some places it is illegal to profit from your crime and since a will is basically a contract it cannot be honored since no contract for illegal stuff can be honored. I am unsure if that is a federal law or not.
>>
>>1467057
I should know what probate is because I'm a real estate investor but I don't. What is it?
>>
>>1467057
>as accepting the money could be >construed as an admission of guilt.

What about cases of involuntary manslaughter or botched medical procedures where a consent form was signed that included a percentage risk of death notice and liability waiver?
>>
>>1467057
Assets that don't have a beneficiary designation and are titled solely to the deceased such as homes, cars, bank accounts/retirement accounts (sometimes) go to probate anyway. Only a court can change title/ownership once a person is dead.

A trust is how you avoid probate completely since the assets are no longer in your name.

>>1467190
It's court. Depending how big your family is it can be a nightmare for the person you intended your your estate to go to. People usually come out of the woodwork once they hear free money.

The singer Prince for example, some of the claims are ridiculous but have to be fought out in court none-the-less.

>http://www.people.com/article/prince-estate-hearing-genetic-testing-list-of-alleged-heirs
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.