[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am having a crisis >going to community college, prereqs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: meariismoke.jpg (34KB, 300x378px) Image search: [Google]
meariismoke.jpg
34KB, 300x378px
I am having a crisis

>going to community college, prereqs for forestry
>working min wage job in cuckafornia
>in the same day get two job offers for web design by the respective owners of the companies
>boss finds out and has me doing signage for the entire company now that she knows I used to do design for a living
>owner of my company comes in, finds out I speak some japanese, offers to compensate me if I ever help them with expanding into japan
>meeting with owner again to go over the japan gig and improving the company in general

some backstory about the company:
most of the higher ups have no degree/experience, just managed stores for a long ass time. I think the accountant is one of like 3 people with relevant training in their job, the girl doing new product work used to manage a mcdonalds or something

now whether or not I work for this company in the future is irrelevant to this. the main question would be:

Is getting a degree in marketing/business focusing in Japan worth it? I've studied japanese for two years, married to a Japanese citizen, and have the want to become more fluent in it. However, I also know that business/marketing degrees are a dime a dozen and owned by every other starbucks dwelling retard in America.

Would switching majors to this be shooting myself in the foot? I really enjoy marketing work, going over advertising, community events etc. and love the hell out of Japan as well, not a weeaboo though.

What should I do? Advice?
>>
File: meariiswag.png (185KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
meariiswag.png
185KB, 500x500px
bump to avoid financial ruin
>>
>>1464981
it was an hour and a half but i get the sentiment
>>
Just do it what have you got to lose
>>
>>1464982
sorry I'm an idiot, yea do it, bigger risk bigger reward
>>
>>1464985
stable employment and living in a place without my parents in the next room

it seems like a stupid question to ask, but is there any demand for business minded people who speak japanese? how easy would it be to get a job with a marketing degree + conversational/business level japanese?
>>
>>1464992
toyota is moving its headquarters to texas and is looking to hire young people, move out there and land a job as a japanese liaison
>>
>>1464887

Wew that image hit me with nostalgia
>>
>>1464993
any luck with working in japan, or would i have better luck in US working for japan
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.