[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ive been fucking up pretty bad at work and i think i just cost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: youre-fired[1].jpg (49KB, 970x646px) Image search: [Google]
youre-fired[1].jpg
49KB, 970x646px
ive been fucking up pretty bad at work and i think i just cost our company a shit ton in revenues.

I'm pretty sure they are gonna fire me. Am I fucked? Should I even list this job on my resume when I look for another job? How should I proceed from here?

I have a bunch of friends at the company who will probably still serve as references but I can't be sure.

Please advise.
>>
I got fired from my last job (casual employment so they just didn't message me for more work again) because I didn't snitch on some guy that was talking shit about the bosses brother.
>>
>>1462828
greentext what you did so we can get a grasp of how badly you fucked up. it could be anywhere between actual sabotage or a little slip, which would change the answer
>>
>>1462879
>be me
>handle orders for multiple retailers in the textile industry
>received multiple emails with vague references to orders
>forget to process a bunch because they got automatically forwarded to my spam folder (fucking hotmail accounts in 2016)

this all happened a month ago

i forgot to process 4 large fucking shipments and those clients are all ripshit since our company is an intermediary that finds them the best price

essentially the commission on these orders is ~$35k which we lost for no reason than I forgot to check my spam folders.

this isnt the first time its happened but its the first time something of this size slipped through the cracks.
>>
>>1462884
delete the emails and deny all accusations. you never received anything bro! no emails! its a glitch!
>>
>>1462893
This
>>
>>1462893
wont work, if there is such a big amount of money at hand there will be investigations. this stuff gets you in a lot of shit.
>>
>>1462904
ive already admitted and come clean to everything.

didnt want to let my juniors at the company take the fall for this shit.

im just wondering how i can use this company as a reference if they are gonna talk shit about me when my new potential employer calls them and asks about me?

otherwise i cannot list them on my resume and that means that ill have a 1 year gap between this and my last job.

what do
>>
>>1462915

They can't "talk shit" about you, otherwise, you can sue them. All they can state is you worked there a certain amount of time.

As far as individual references you use? Yeah, I suppose they could blast you, but I doubt you are dumb enough to use people that would bad mouth you.
>>
>>1462884
>>1462915
How long have you been with the company? While this is a big fuck up, you won't necessarily get fired for a single fuck up. Is this your only fuck up, or have you fucked up before?
>>
>>1462884
>this isnt the first time its happened
Wait nvm, repeating a m
>>
>>1462939
Repeating a mistake you've made, means you didn't learn from your mistakes which looks very bad to your employerer
>>
>>1462828
make it up OP work hard and make money and write off ur debts and credits and be nice to ur collegues and friends and people who are looking for business and financial deals
>>
>>1462932
>I doubt you are dumb enough to use people that would bad mouth you

does it look bad though if you only use references of people who worked with you, rather than your direct superiors?

i have alot of friends at the company but my superiors are probably not huge fans desu especially after this last fuck up

>>1462938
about a year this october. i've fucked up a bunch of times but they were all relatively minor things. this is the first big fuck up and i'm kindof stressing about it desu.
>>
>>1462932
as an addendum to this;

when i interview at a new job and they ask "so why did you leave your last job"

what should i say? i don't want to tell them I got fired but if they call up the company wont the company just tell them "we fired him"?

how would you recommend i play this off in an interview?
>>
>>1462960

Have they talked to you about your past fuckups? Have they issued you a warning?

You might be able to skate by with a written warning depending on the state/province you're in.

Here in BC it's fucking hard to fire someone, easier to just make their life miserable until they quit.
>>
>>1462962
You used hotmail to take seriously big orders for a serious company.
Those orders went to spam.
This isn't the first time either.

You have got to be trolling, otherwise what the fuck to all 3. Explain the reasoning behind this literally unbelievable nonsense.
>>
>>1464443

IT consultant here, I've worked with dozens of companies who were instructing new employees to setup gmail/hotmail/yahoo accouts with shit like

[email protected]

It's usually a company that started small and snowballed really quickly without ever investing in IT infrastructure. I've made a lot of money on really easy but time consuming jobs of moving these companies over to either Google Apps or Office 365, then handing over the keys and walking away.
>>
File: facepalm anime.jpg (17KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm anime.jpg
17KB, 640x360px
>>1462884
>this isnt the first time its happened

Yeah, it might not be good for you. A single fuck up can be over looked. Multiple fuck ups are a sign of incompetence.
>>
>>1462828

You might wanna offer to resign in exchange for a favorable (or at least neutral) reference.

Or dig yourself in like a tick.

One or the other.
>>
>>1462828
Start looking for another job
>>
>>1462893
>>1462902
Enjoy prison if you do this.
>>
>>1462828
Just face up to it.

Mention that you email is fucking useless, sending major business to spam.

Maybe you get fired, but they respect you for not lying and the shit email account gets fixed.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.