[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The median home price in Oakland, California has surged by 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

The median home price in Oakland, California has surged by 178% since 2011.

> b-but there's no bubble, honest!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-23/san-francisco-housing-frenzy-shifts-across-the-bay-to-oakland
>>
The whole Bay Area has experienced ludicrous appreciation
>>
>>1461805
The area of San Francisco is, in a geographic sense, small. You just can't build a lot on such little land. And with everyone going full NIMBY, I'm not surprised in the slightest that these prices are still climbing.

Same goes for up here in the Northwest. Both Seattle and Portland are small landmasses trying to cater to the demands of hundreds of millions of potential inhabitants while hearing the constant NIMBY drumbeats by boomer residents.

Everybody loses in the end.
>>
>>1461825

How long do you think is left before it all blows up?

It seems already to have reached ludicrous levels. If it lasts another year, I'll be surprised.
>>
>>1461805
After another San Andreas earthquake levels this whole area their houses won't be worth shit.
>>
>>1463189

Vancouver sales have ground to a halt, it's arguably the most overvalued housing market on Earth, and once it goes toxic, it will send shockwaves down the entire west coast.
>>
>>1461805
Real estate always goes up. You'll always make more money too! Buy now or be priced out forever!! If you have "to sleep on it" you may not sleep in it!!!
>>
>>1461825
>The area of San Francisco is, in a geographic sense, small

yes but that's not the main limiting factor. manhattan is about half the size of the san francisco peninsula. as I look out of my window right now at 100 van ness, I see only a handful of buildings that are higher than six stories

this place needed to start building dozens of 20-30 story high buildings years ago. the city government is full of idiots pushing rent control and insane zoning requirements
>>
>>1463229

>what is home insurance
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.