[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever since I was 14 I thought I knew what I wanted to do with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1471029152828.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1471029152828.png
51KB, 657x527px
Ever since I was 14 I thought I knew what I wanted to do with my life, I started programming at a young age and am in my second year of college getting my GEDs done. Up until now I thought I wanted to major in computer science, but I know my true dream is not to be a codemonkey slave among a flock of pajeets, but to own a tech business, and I also know that dreams remain dreams for 99% of people. What do I do? I am at a crossroads right now. I feel like business majors won't be worth shit because the world economy is bound to collapse in the coming years, should I stick with computer science?
>>
>I feel like business majors won't be worth shit because the world economy is bound to collapse in the coming years, should I stick with computer science?

wew lad, the joy of being 19
>>
>>1461572
>ignoring all the signs
>le every generation meme

Ok
>>
>>1461575
Do you think computer science would be relent in a collapsed global economy? Seriously, at least with financial experience you would have an edie regarding bartering.
>>
>>1461575
>world economy collapses
>still a need for code monkeys

interesting
>>
>>1461570
Yes stick with computer science but go to a top school because then you will be able to pursue entrepreneurship.

I was actually an electrical engineering major but the same applies to any tech related degree.

I went to UIUC and was able to intern at FitBit making over $40/hr working as a RF engineer on their new devices during the summer of my junior year.

Also got to network with lots of firms, Intel, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, etc...

Another good thing about going to a top school is that your peers will work at top companies and you have tons of connections to those firms.

I plan on starting my own firm soon, but currently am preoccupied with funeral services/family issues because my aunt died.

Good luck friend.
>>
>>1461585
It would be more useful than a business degree, a business degree is already useless you make a lot of connections along the way.
>>
>my true dream is not to be a codemonkey slave among a flock of pajeets, but to own a tech business

how do you know? you dont have experience running a tech business right? Maybe you will change your mind again.

Focus on gitting gud at a rare and valuable skill. Doesnt really matter what the skill is. If you're good at it and people need you, you will start to like it.

example, I don't like sports much. If overnight I transformed into a basketball/baseball/football MVP and pro teams were lining up to pay me millions and fans were asking me to sign stuff, I would quickly become a big sports fan.
>>
>>1461570
I can relate, OP. I highly recommend believing in yourself and thinking big about what you want for yourself and your life. Start educating yourself about business fundamentals, and start thinking of ways you can create an enterprise that delivers money to your bank account by providing something truly useful, not just a gimmick. Don't overcomplicate things, but think about the economy and think about what sorts of enterprises are likely to make a strong return, and that you will be able to get off the ground. Think about your skills and the types of skills you could develop. I'm rooting for you. You are closer than you think you are, you just need to be steady and start putting the pieces in place.
>>
>getting my GEDs done
u wot m8

>not to be a codemonkey slave

Wait until you find out if you can even hack it as a wageslave before biting off more than you can chew breh
>>
>>1461570
Here's a tip from a 25yo

Just finish the degree. It doesn't matter what happens after because you can always get a job and not be broke. Being broke fucks you up more than anything, so just get a degree and avoid minimum wage forever.
>>
>>1461570

try r9k
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.