[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the non tin foil hat result going to be of the Chinese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: maga.jpg (230KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
maga.jpg
230KB, 768x1024px
What is the non tin foil hat result going to be of the Chinese move to have the Yuan backed by gold.

Will all fiat currencies implode overnight? How does one protect the investment in such crazy times?

America can't even destablise the country as China has stamped out every dissenting faction within the country. It seems short of an All out war, the petro dollar will be dead?

I have a chinese wife and UK business. Should be begin moving out assets to chinese banks?
>>
>>1461464
People infatuated with the Chinese economy are going to argue that the Yuan will become the reserve currency and the U.S. is going to implode.

Anyone who has seen real Chinese business or the degree to which they lie will brush it off as an attempt to legitimize a house of cards.

The sheer fact that Chinese people are desperately trying to get cash OUT of China should tell you to not put your assets in Chinese banks.

I will have the biggest goddamn erection when China inevitably implodes.
>>
>>1461469
>an attempt to legitimize a house of cards.
This.
China builds empties cities that no one lives in to inflate their GDP.
And eventually their workers are going to get sick of being exploited by the """""""communist""""""" government and its corporate pals.
>>
>>1461479
Yup, I knew a Chinese guy and his wife who moved to the US for that exact reason. Communist Americans think "get rid of the evil rich class" well in China there are families of 4 that only own 2 pairs of pants. This is one of many reasons that communism is particularly evil.
>>
>>1461505

I'm talking currency here, not the communist party.

Do you honestly beleive gold currency isnt a threat? Iraq and libya both were toppled by america right after they stopped trading in petrodollars
>>
>>1461508
>Do you honestly beleive gold currency isnt a threat?
Why would it be? Gold is just like fiat currency except with less inflation. You can't eat gold and you can't use it to power your car so it doesn't have much intrinsic value.
All this "gold and silver are the only real money" shit you hear is tinfoil hat nonsense from people who don't understand that currency is a human invention and anything can be currency. No shit, there is a culture that uses rocks for money, where the size of the rock determines its value.
>>
I read everything everyone said so far.

So far I've read to read any arguments on how money redeemable in gold are better than fiat debt based currency?

Just lots of strawmen on the chinese country itself.
>>
>>1461530
meant to say how dollars is better than gold redeemable currency

not the other way around
>>
>>1461521
Well, to be fair, gold and silver do have more intrinsic value than paper and they are much more fluid in terms of currency exchange. I don't think a gold backed yuan is a huge threat though.
>>
>>1461464
Well they manipulate their currency so it behooves them to do so otherwise they rely on all the trade deficit dollars (not that the manufacturing would dissapear overnight but it ties their hands)

So its just hedging the bet and being safe really
>>
>>1461530
The Chinese economy is going to take a big fat shit in the next decade or so. Therefore, buying Chinese currency is retarded.
If you want to invest in gold you can do that without throwing your lot in with fascists. Just buy fucking gold.

>>1461534
The gold standard has merits but one country switching back to it isn't going to do jack shit to the US dollar. The US dollar has value because it is backed by the most powerful country on Earth. That's not just military power but also cultural and, most importantly, business power. It's not going to go away overnight.

>>1461537
Yes, an ounce of gold is worth more than an ounce of US dollar because gold is scarcer, but in terms of what you can actually do with it? Gold is useful for making jewelry (cosmetic, no utility) and in very small amounts it's used in electronics. As a commodity it's less useful than oil or rice.
>>
>>1461464

What will it do to the price of gold?
>>
The Yuan is not (fully) backed by gold. Can stupid people do the bare minimum research? China prints money like every modern economy. If a country's central bank can control the money supply, then it's not gold backed. Besides, China would be pretty retarded to peg their currency to gold because it would introduce massive deflation.
>>
>>1461534
The main problem with gold-backed currencies is that it's very hard to increase the money supply. As your economy heats up, this tends to lead to deflation, since money itself becomes scarce, thus more valuable. So people save instead of spend, demand goes down, employment decreases, etc. Whereas in fiat currencies, the central bank can stimulate the economy by printing money-although if this is not done carefully it can of course lead to the opposite problem of inflation.
>>
File: WageslaveGeneral.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WageslaveGeneral.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>1461464
The Chinese are immigrating as fast as they can.

Same thing happened in Cuba.
Capitalist "corruption" can only do so much and has delayed China's fall to madness.

I'm not sure what will happen to cause a phase shift.

All their systems are fucked to the core. Their only competitive advantage is sheer manhours.

When 3d printing gets to a decent enough level of commiditization then china and manhours will become near irrelevant.
Soon you'll be able to see some idiots robot poodle walking down the street. Scan it with your phone and by the time you get home you'll have your own robot poodle running around the house.

Its already cheap chinese crap. If you can just have a cheap crap machine at your house wouldn't you get it if it was painless to use.

Something similar happened during the Railboom in the US where manhours were really needed then suddenly not.

At least the US has pic related, hyper efficient wageslaves.
>>
>>1462470
Ah, but the Chinese will make the 3D printers (it's already happening).

Honestly, I was someone who was in the industry, 3D printing has got a loooooong ways to go before it gets to the point of efficient, widely adopted consumer printing. I give it another 10-15 years at best, and that's if there's some major tech break throughs.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.