[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to save 100 USD every month? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1471996578537.jpg (146KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471996578537.jpg
146KB, 960x960px
What is the best way to save 100 USD every month?

I'm sure this scenario applies to a lot of others as well.

I'm a grad student who just got to the United States. Turns out my part time would cover for my expenses and I'd be left with 100 to 120 USD every month. Now, what would /biz say is the best way of using the leftover money? I really don't want to spend it on pointless luxuries.

What I had in mind :
A. save it up in a fixed deposit.
B. If it's too less an amount, fuck it, blow it up on booze or something.
>>
>>1461430

$100 a month will not amount to anything.

Even if you compound it at 7% over 30 years, it would be like $10-12,000. Not really worth it.

Use it to buy Sutter Home wine and get bitches drunk for an ez poke. Much better investment.
>>
>>1461430
Just do what most people do: Put a fixed percentage (50%?) into a savings account, have the rest for fun. You're young and deserve to have some cash on hand, but a strict savings rule will keep you responsible.
>>
>>1461458
That kind of is my point. If I start spending money recklessly on wine and hookers, it turns into a habit that is hard to get rid of. And it's not, speaking as an adult, a habit that can sustain over the longer run. I know it won't amount to a lot of money. Sure. But I think it's a good start. I'm only 22 at the moment. And when I hopefully make better money in the future, I'm hoping these habits come in handy. What do you have to say?
>>
>>1461461
That is the idea. Haha. To have a percentage of the money to blow up, and to save the rest. As you have mentioned, I think it makes sense to inculcate values of financial responsibility early in life ( I'm 22, I'm hoping it counts as young) . The entire purpose of this exercise is not to save a large sum of money, it's to make sure I understand how important saving money is.
>>
File: 1470933273119.jpg (35KB, 605x474px) Image search: [Google]
1470933273119.jpg
35KB, 605x474px
If anyone is interested, the reason why I am so keen on saving money is that I spent money recklessly during my undergraduate times and I don't want to repeat the same mistake again. I was in India, and made close to INR 5,50,000 over four years. Might not seem like a lot when you convert it to usd, but it's important to remember that I lived in India, where things were cheap. I spent all of the money on travelling, meeting new people, getting drunk, setting up failed businesses and general asshat behavior.
>>
>>1461496
Man I'd just keep that extra $100 in case you get an unexpected bill. You're barely scraping by.
>>
>>1461430
>$100 a month
>$1200 a year
>Only $72k in 60 years
>>
>>1462560
Broke international grad student fag here.
>>
>>1462361
Aye. No point. Just landed in the USA. Had no idea what the cost of living was here.
>>
>>1462681
>Had no idea what the cost of living was here.
Haha yeah welcome to Hell. It was fine in the 1950s-1990s. Now the middle class is dead, and with it they took the majority of future businessmen as so few have starting capital anymore.
>>
>>1461430
Don't spend it
>>
>>1462727
Refer to the very first image posted in this thread :p
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.