[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ I have been considering investing my money in obligations.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 360_liar_book_0818.jpg (22KB, 360x235px) Image search: [Google]
360_liar_book_0818.jpg
22KB, 360x235px
Hey /biz/
I have been considering investing my money in obligations. This morning a guy from my bank called me and asked if I wanted to do something with my money.
I have zero experience with buying obligations and such and I'm just 20 years old. Should I just let him invest for me or will i get ripped? Btw I'm from Denmark so it's not like the bank guy is super corrupt but I'm still suspicious
>>
If you don't understand it, don't buy it. That's a good rule for investing.

If I understand correctly he's suggesting you buy 'Bonds'. And without looking it up, if I remember correctly interest rates on Bonds are pretty shit in Northern European countries at the moment, you may make slightly more than a term-deposit though so you'd be better off.

Shop around. See what other banks are offering -- I mean if they are government bonds they'll be the same. But see what it compares to what you're earning on your savings at the moment.
>>
File: 861915_011.jpg (53KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
861915_011.jpg
53KB, 320x240px
>>1459768
>a guy from my bank called me

I'm sure he's looking out for your best interest. He definitely won't make a commission or anything like that.

>I have zero experience with buying obligation

Well, why not learn some new, expensive lesson today?
>>
>>1459878
So government bonds are fine here now? or are they the same always?
>>1459883
Is it something I can just learn? I'm afraid I'll screw it up. He's probably very good at bonds and things like that but I'm sure he will also charge me for his help
>>
File: Danish.png (82KB, 821x355px) Image search: [Google]
Danish.png
82KB, 821x355px
>>1460085
Doesn't look good. pic related.
Quite frankly if your'e asking these questions, DON'T DO IT.

Talk to some people, and not /biz/ because someone will try and con you into buying a cryptocoin.

Research. Research. Research. And then research some more. You can learn how to invest, or at least the basics of it. So you will understand enough that you don't get ripped off.
>>
>>1460331
The Danish government is having some financial issues and have had zero growth averagely the last 10 years. Is it better to invest in government bonds in a government that is having growth like the Swedish and Icelandic?
I tried to do some research and now I know what a bond is (kind of). Where do you think I should start? a book?
>>
>>1460409
I assume your goal is to generate wealth, in which case it might be better to look into stocks since you're only 20 years old and bond yields are shit.

investopedia.com is a good site te read up on some investments terms. At the very least you should read about earnings, ratios like p/e and p/b and dividends. Depending on how much time you want to put into your investments you might also want to look into various (index) funds. You should also read a bit about diversification and different investment vehicles like real estate for example.

If you want help coming up with a plan for your investments you should give us some more information about your financial situation. At the very least the following.
>Your goal.
Early retirement, savings for your (future) kids, etc.

>Breakdown of your net worth.
Cash and debt being the most important.

>Income and expenses, also future job prospects/unemployment.

>Amount of risk you're willing to take and how much time you want to put into your investments.

And remember, investing your money isn't hard just don't be a moron about it. Also always do your own research.
>>
>>1460527
Yeah I want to generate wealth instead of having my money in my bank where it loses worth every year due to inflation.
Thanks I'll read up there.
Right now I'm in school and working a part time job (where I earned my money). I will be studying for 4 more years so I won't need the money before that. I want to invest 15 000 dollars with a low risk for maybe 3 or 4 years.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.