[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ I'm researching fraud for a book. Hypothetically...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1469939500114.jpg (347KB, 740x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1469939500114.jpg
347KB, 740x1087px
Hey /biz/

I'm researching fraud for a book. Hypothetically... If you had access to bank account and routing numbers, how could you movie the money without getting caught? Hypothetically of course, I'm writing a book. It's fiction so I need inventive but plausible real world ideas

Also, I'm not the FBI. :)

Pic not related.
>>
>>1459565

oops.. movie = move.
>>
>>1459565
Had a friend that did this while working at a bank.
He went to jail.
>>
>>1459565

What are fake checks/check fraud

Have fun in prison, OP
>>
>>1459565
If you have access to that you work at a bank, if you work at a bank you're the one filing the reports. How hard is it to become imaginative?
>>
>>1459565
enjoy prison
>>
Sell the info to a nigerian lol
>>
>>1459565
Banks are pretty savvy about this stuff.
If a transaction looks questionable they place a hold on it and call the account owner for authorization before they let it go through.

You might get away with lots of little transactions spread out over time, but the account owner is likely to notice that. Also the bank is going to wonder how they're writing checks in Thailand and Connecticut on the same day.
>>
>>1459565
hypothetically you could buy say $500 bit coins (if you spend too much then the bank will calltext the owner) through an exchange using TOR on a encrypted USB. At a random place with no cameras.

For extra security it would be wise to not carry your phone on you for jewgle tracks your whereabouts with that.

Once you have purchased bitcoin you now need to tumble it.
https://darknetmarkets.org/a-simple-guide-to-safely-and-effectively-mixing-bitcoins/

You could do this several times for extra precaution. It would be wise to do each step of Operation at different location and day. But at the very least restart your TOR connection so your using different circuits each time and have fake alisi for each account your tumbling money too.

You could even use real people as an alias and use their connection which means you would need to access their network or have infected computers like a botnet.
>>
>>1459565
You should write about a bank teller who transfers one dollar from everyone's account into a for profit charity set up through their grand parent. After like 25 years that grand parent dies, it just so happens they were the successor to the account. It has like 4.8 milli in it. They retire, the bank is dumbfounded. Base it on a true story. Have them pull up in a clunker on their first day, drive off on a nice huffy bike as a millionaire on their last day.
>>
if its a US account is easy peasy (im the EU and dont even bother using a US VPN to do initial logins,security is crap), open up a Fido bank account (online EU bank) and transfer the money through money transfer/forex sites

theres roughly 15 sites that can do EFT transfers to most countries from America, im not gonna go into much detail but its too fucking easy when you have a good method to stick to.
>>
Talk to the owner. Perhaps sell him something or buy something from him to get his bank account number. Have a chat with him about birthdays, where he was raised, the weather, birds and bees. Create a fake passport with his facebook pic. And then walk into the bank.

Geeh that was hard.
>>
>>1461055
Or give a bum 200 dollars to walk into the bank for you.
>>
>>1459565

In today's world you could not unless the bank were completely retarded.

When a large transaction request comes through, the bank usually calls up the account holder to make sure it is legit. This happens to my father every time he writes someone a big check. Upon confirmation the bank allows the transaction.

SO the fraudster would need to somehow hack the phone line, get an imposter to agree to the transaction, then it would process and the fraudster would get his money. That fraudster would need to hit the road fast though, as soon as the account holder discovered the fake transaction he would contact the bank, and then the bank and police would do everything they could to hunt down the fraudster.
>>
>>1461095

/thread

I can't even charge more than $400 on my CC without BoA sending me a billion alerts and sometimes calling me personally to confirm ALONG WITH texting me.

As a fellow writer, trust me: change the plot
>>
>>1461099

if he has online access to the bank account it is very possbile, carding a cc is alot different, if you transfer funds using the banks system it will raise flags, if you use a payment processor/money exchanger (these services are required to have adequate security checks, but still passable if you have enough info on your mark) the funds will go through, ive cleared a wells fargo account from 15k to 2k without them raising an eyebrow.

go on alphabay forums on tor and you will see how easily it can be done.
>>
>>1459565
Get the SIN from somebody who is death, dying or very old, get an ID with the same name and your picture.

Open the account and start sending money to the account, there is nothing suspicious about it, move abroad and retire your money, profit.... ;)

I cant believe the lack of imagination on everybody here lol.
>>
>>1461172
>>>1461099
>ive cleared a wells fargo account from 15k to 2k without them raising an eyebrow.

How the fuck did you get away with it? wouldn't they notice? Did you use a mule or something
>>
>>1461246
That actually sounds like it could work
>>
>>1461489
tbf the mark was on holiday in rome for the 2 weeks it took me, dont need a mule, i have eu bank account drops that are registered not in my name, simply send the funds using money transfer websites to those bank accounts then to my real bank account and hey presto, also because the money is going from US>EU country>different EU country banks/law enforcement dont have the money nor the resources to try and catch small fish like me, being do it the best part of a year and have no problems from banks/police..
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.