[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ What are some general costs for entry into online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: online retail.jpg (228KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
online retail.jpg
228KB, 1280x850px
Hey /biz/

What are some general costs for entry into online retail to account for? I have a product I'd like to sell (niche men's skincare) and I've been contacting suppliers about the cost to make it. But what are all the things I should consider beyond just the product itself? So far I've gotten:

Amazon costs ($39.99/mo, 15% referral fee)
UPC code ($250 first year, $50 after that)
Shopify ($29/mo, 2.9% + 30 cents)

What else should I account for?
>>
>>1457368

All that shit is chump change, your biggest cost should be advertising.
>>
>>1457398
How would I determine a ballpark figure? It will only be one product. Are we talking social media advertising? What platforms should I be looking at?
>>
>>1457414

I would shop around, do some testing on a few platforms and see what gives the best ROI
>>
>>1457368
get good pics, and like >>1457398 said, make sure you can advertise the product well. IMO you should focus on selling really well on one platform before expanding but idk how much you've done so far. Do you know how many competitors you have in men's skincare? Also, do you have a specific niche with men's skincare? I personally wouldn't use Shopify unless you're going to spend money on ads to get traffic directly from Facebook. I think you should spend time looking at sales on Amazon of your competitors, and their monthly revenue. If the product isn't selling well on Amazon, you can always try shopify. Ideally you use the net profit to invest in ad campaigns
>>
>>1457368
Well later on if its manufa tured in china youll have to deal eith quality fade. So testing the product intermittently with a lab.

Marketing costs (IMO id go with fulfilled by amazon with this istead of a shopify plus dropship setup but do shopify to begin with to see if its worth pursuing)
>>
>>1457414
Google adwords but its going to be pricey with health and beauty so youll jave to make sure your conversion rates warrant the money

Facebooks great because you can get so precise , make sure you select "cpm" so theyre only showing the ad to people their algorithms think will buy (folks who googled your keywords in like the last 30 minutes)

Long term youll want a mox of organic traffic (SEO and clicks from your brands facebook / twitter etc) and paid adverts

You could also get lucky at a tradeshow (one wholesale order pays for all your startup costs) but thats kind of more wishing than guaranteed (3 years ago in vaping / ejuice this was a guarantee just for showing up , now the markets flooded - health and beauty is very competitive because its evergreen)
>>
>>1457433
>>1457433
It's a anti-perspirant for men with shaved heads. There are three brands out there that cater the bald head market, but I've yet to see a product from them or other manufactures that directly meets this need. And I was under the (wrong?) assumption that Shopify was just a platform to build a online retail website and accept payment? Is it more directly tied to drop shipping or Facebook than I thought?

>>1457441
I like the fulfilled by Amazon idea, I'll look into it more. Beats having to do all the logistics from my house.

>>1457447
Any guides out there on generating organic traffic? I'm literally new and just figuring out how to do this stuff. The trade show is a brilliant if unlikely idea too, never thought about it.
>>
Any other takers?
>>
OP, anyone have any idea how to get this shit approved by doctors or get their feedback on it?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.