[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I graduate with a associate's of business (general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Almost black dude wiping sweat.jpg (34KB, 660x414px) Image search: [Google]
Almost black dude wiping sweat.jpg
34KB, 660x414px
Should I graduate with a associate's of business (general degree) or graduate with an emphasis on business management? The classes I took overlap enough for me to pick from two graduating majors next semester. Both transfer to the local university, however the later only transfers into business management. The general degree can kind of wiggle its way into almost all the programs, though in some cases it will require a couple extra classes here or there if the program isn't the general Bachelor's of Business. Thoughts? The general program also follows to an MBA, which the Business Management program follows to a MBA of business management more than anything. Though both can go to a standard MBA, it's just the difference in bachelor's degrees, which is where I might take a break for a bit before continuing.
>>
>>1456583
Would someone please help me already?
>>
>>1456583
I'm never getting an answer to this.
>>
>>1456583
>>1456600
>>1456921
you can't type for shit, man, I can't discern what do you want to say.
>>
>>1456600
seriously, dude, without seeing the curricula there's no way to know. The two subjects are essentially indistinguishable.

we'd also need to know quite a bit about you personally to advise.

just off the top of my head I'd go the management course because it sounds more specialized and specialized sounds more advanced. I doubt it actually matters though. They're essentially the same fucking thing.

anything you learn in a general business course applies to managers. Anything you learn to manage a business applies to general business. Same things. Business and running a business are the same thing.
>>
>>1456929
Oh fuck well let me try to fix that.

I'm graduating next semester, should I pick a general business degree or should I pick a degree with emphasis on business management? The classes overlapped enough for me to pick either degree when I graduate. The only concern is that when I go for my Bachelor's I'd have to pick between a Bachelor's of Business (General) or a Bachelor's of Business Management.
>>
>>1456583
>MBA of business management
also this isn't a thing.

all MBA's are in business management.

the BA part there is "Business Administration."
that's a fancy word for MANAGEMENT.
>>
>>1456945
More information, I work in lower management in retail. If I stay here another two years, I can accumulate management experience while getting my Bachelor's. I'm just wondering if a Bachelor's of Business Management looks better than a general Bachelor's of Business when going for mid-management positions. Continuing with the trend, would an MBA with emphasis on Business Management help me get into upper-management positions better than a standard MBA?

I just have two choices, and I want to know if it's worth going for the extra special degree title, or if it's just a gimmick.
>>
>>1456955
It is according to my college, as is:

Master of Business Administration (MBA),
Accounting
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Computer Information Systems
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Corporate Finance
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Economics
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Entrepreneurship
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Finance
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Information Technology Management
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Operations Management
Executive Masters of Business Administration (Exec MBA), Business Management
Executive Masters of Business Administration (Exec MBA), Finance
Executive Masters of Business Administration (Exec MBA), Health Care Administration

All saying their related title on the physical degree themselves. I know, it's a bunch of shit, and I'm sure the differences are minimal. I'm not sure why a school would need a million different business degrees.
>>
>>1456963
>wondering if a Bachelor's of Business Management looks better than a general Bachelor's of Business
maybe. It has the name of the position you're applying for in it, which can't hurt.

>would an MBA with emphasis on Business Management help me get into upper-management positions better than a standard MBA?
all MBA's emphasize business management. That's what the degree is in. Business management. You could just as easily call them MBM's.

>or if it's just a gimmick.
all degrees are gimmicks. Get the one that sounds closest to what you want to do.

want to manage businesses? Go for business management.
>>
>>1456977
they have all those because students buy them. They think it looks better on a resume to have something more specialized I suppose.

With the exception of running hospitals, every single one of those is a subject any manager should have a working familiarity with.

They can be treated as separate career paths if you're really focused or autistic, but you're not going to be managing anything without a solid working understanding of each of those subjects.
>>
>>1456991
I guess you're right. I'll just apply for graduation for the general degree. I think it'll work in my favor if I ever want to change my career path to something else business-related, don't want some dipshit to choose someone else over me in the future because they think I'm only good for management and not something else.
>>
>>1456977
I particularly like the "Entrepreneurship" one.

there's a self-licking lollipop.
>>
>>1456995
What else is there?

you're either management or labor, no?
and you don't need a degree to be a laborer....
>>
>>1456995
I'm sincerely curious, what job do you imagine yourself applying for that's "business-related" but not business management related?
>>
>>1456977
>I'm sure the differences are minimal. I'm not sure why a school would need a million different business degrees.
The MBA program I'm in does that sort of dumbshit bifurcation because it markets well. The entrepreneurship ones are particularly popular with non-engineering types who think that they could "make it" in Silicon Valley, whatever that means. I asked some of the admin at one point and they confirmed as much.

(I complain about this, but I'll likely pursue a "focus" in finance just because it sounds fancy on paper)

>>1456991
>They think it looks better on a resume to have something more specialized I suppose.
This is also true. One of my classmates managed to get his school to cover the cost because his MBA will be in IT or whatever.

>>1456995
I honestly don't see that much of a difference between the two, so that choice is likely as good as any.
>>
>>1457005
I kind of wanted to become a financial advisor and be my own boss someday.
>>
>>1457011
Yes, at that point your degree no longer matters.

you can get a degree in underwater basket weaving, it's just as good as any MBA for a self-employed person. The sheepskin ceases to matter, all that matters for that is what you know.

Unless you plan on firing yourself from the company you started because you have the wrong degree?

no? then all that matters is what you learned. And you're going to learn more in one year of running a business than you did in 5 years of sitting in class.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.