[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to China soon for a year or longer. Anyone have any thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1263.jpg (229KB, 645x820px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1263.jpg
229KB, 645x820px
Going to China soon for a year or longer. Anyone have any thoughts on some potentially profitable business ventures? Off the top of my head i can think of possibly selling embroidered silk items due to cheap labor and silk , possibly importing some counterfeit items , and really just looking around in general. Any thoughts or ideas would be great. Also, anyone from China that are willing to give some tips and such would be greatly appriciated. Thanks!
>>
I've heard stories about them loving foreign goods.
Like when the chinese travel to other markets they fill entire suitcases full of blue jeans just to take back home
>>
I plan to stay until i speak Mandarin fluently, or at least good enough where i can have business conversations without much of a problem. I'm sure that could help if/when i come back to America. - Any thoughts on what to do with that?

- Also, i plan to go to another country if China dosn't work. Would be very interested in hearing about other counteries /biz/ might be interested in. Maybe one of you want an American over there to help getting things you want? Wouldn't be opposed to linking up with a partner to help make things happen.
>>
Importing prostitutes to USA/Europe.
>>
>>1456453
Ahh, this is somthing i havn't thought of at all. Taking stuff over to China to sell; seems dumb i wouldn't think of that. Let me look more into that. Could be a nice way to bring things over as good as cash, im worried about how much cash i can take over without customs caring.
>>
>>1456458
I actually have connections with working women and pimps. We've talked about that, maying setting people we know up with women for marriage and then having them work for a year or so for little or no pay. That could land us all in so much trouble, and i think it would be something they might look at pretty closely. I dont want to do anything terribly illegal.
>>
So, any other ideas besides importing sex workers to the US and EU? - Also, again, anyone from China willing to give tips about anything over there would be great! Thanks again
>>
the chinese are well ahead of you in importing foreign goods. look at taobao for examples. you can buy luxury brands here already in every big city, not the major cities, but just tier 2 or 3 cities have malls with designer shops. foreign goods have a 20% luxury goods tax attached.

their is demand for foriegn baby milk powder, but besides what you could fit into your suitcase, you won't be allowed to import that in any decent quantity. there is even a limit for what you can bring in in your suitcase, but i doubt a westerner entering china would have their bags checked. i never have.

when you say importing counterfeit items, i assume you mean importing them into your home country. again, this has problems. first you need to source the top quality counterfeits. this is possible in guangzhou. but then you have to be sure that what you buy is what gets loaded onto the ship. if your home country customs check it, they will get seized. if china export customs check it they will get seized if they are brand names. maybe you can pay a bribe, but i think this is unlikely.

can YOU sell embroidered silk in your home country? can you beat the price and quality of whoever is selling it already? i don't think it is as easy as you think it is.

why are you coming to china? why are you staying for at least a year? do you have a job set up? what is your visa situation? what county are you from? are you white? all these things matter.

if you are white and are arriving with a valid reason, you won't get your bags searched and you don't have to worry about how much money you have unless you have high 10's of thousands of dollars. your more likely to have to explain it when you are leaving your country.

just like everything on biz, it is about finding a niche market. if you don't know about silks already, why are you choosing silks? don't you have anything you have knowledge of?
cont.
>>
>>1457738
cont.

i've seen a lot of people come to china and start importing exporting and not being good at it. the successful ones were african and had contacts back in africa who could move the product on. they were selling containers of clothes, shoes and bags as well as small things you'd find in dollar stores. some had offices setup where chinese workers done the deals and the african guys just spoke to their african partners. they all had someone to send the product to though, that is the difference. who would you be sending it to? if you are just doing Amazon FBA, it doesn't really matter if you are in china or not. if you are doing shipping containers of product, then you need someone to receive what you are shipping.

also, start learning chinese now. download memrise or something like that. it will take a long time, better get a head start.
>>
I am white, i have a valid reason going over there and a Z-visa. I have a professional appearance. I have talked to several people here in America that ill give a call if i find anything i thinks worth trying to sell. My friends are pretty smart, so, i feel decent about the whole situation. I guess the best way to do this is do go in and just feel the situation out. I understand a lot of people try and fail, but a lot of people are so stupid i'm surprised they can breath and walk at the same time.
>>
>>1456456
I have heard that doing business with the Chinese is the worst decision you can make.
Learn Japanese or Russian instead or every manager for the rest of your working life will make you do business with the Chinese.
>>
>>1458094
Why is that? Are the Chinese just supposed to be shitty people in general? They cannot possibly even come close to how terrible the Indians are.. Worst people ive ever had the misfortune of dealing with.
>>
Pump cryptos, buy with the chinese, then promote to english speakers and then dump
>>
>>1458470

Indians are stupid and poor. The ones with money are stupid and cheap. They as an ethnicity are never going to be a success.

The Chinese are incredibly savvy and sneaky. They pretty much control all of the big cities in the US already. It's not that they're terrible people, they just look out for themselves.

The most intelligent businessman I ever knew was a Jewish guy and he gave me one piece of advice that stuck forever:

"If you're doing business with the Chinese and you think you're getting a great deal you're wrong. There is one rule in international business - nobody fucks the Chinese"
>>
>>1458473
Sounds like a good way to get murdered while im over there.. May take this into consideration before i leave.

>>1458501
I've heard of the Chinese being sneaky and smart. I will definitely take this information to heart, thanks a lot for it. So, if you were to go somewhere you would choose Russia or Japan? I just feel like with everything in the world coming from China there has to be an angle i can work.
>>
>>1458501
Not sure if I entirely agree with your opinion of the Chinese as smart, desu.

Chinese businesses seem to operate exclusively on the FYGM policy, meaning that they are sneaky but not particularly clever. That's kinda the whole thesis of the great book "Poorly Made in China" - none of the Chinese businesses Midler interacts with are particularly clever (beyond their ability to copy), but they do have a seemingly endless bag of tricks to try to bleed money out of stones.

This is why China is so ridiculously rife with academic fraud - they don't actually give a fuck about being smart, they want to look smart and make money while looking smart.
>>
>>1458501
>They as an ethnicity are never going to be successful

Hindus and Sikhs are usually the richest religious minorities behind Jews, they must be doing something right.
>>
>>1458948
Visit the factories and build up relations with factory owners to get good deals , then send shipping containers full of stuff back to America and sell it
>>
>>1458044
>I have a professional appearance. I have talked to several people here in America that ill give a call if i find anything i thinks worth trying to sell. My friends are pretty smart, so, i feel decent about the whole situation.

no offense, but you sound a bit clueless about the whole thing. it sounds like you have a "hit and hope" approach to the whole enterprise.

if you have people in america who will buy things, why not ask them what they want, then find who sells it, arrange to meet them to check for quality, form a relationship, do a deal and ship it back.

you can start this today using alibaba. literally thousands of people and companies are doing this.

>i have a valid reason going over there and a Z-visa
so you are working for a company? are you going to be a teacher?

>I understand a lot of people try and fail, but a lot of people are so stupid i'm surprised they can breath and walk at the same time.
cool attitude to have about people. you'll love china.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.