[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would going to Hawaii and opening up a small bar work out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).jpg (12KB, 284x177px)
download (1).jpg
12KB, 284x177px
How would going to Hawaii and opening up a small bar work out? Ton of industry experience.

One maybe two person operation.
>>
>>1455736
>Ton of industry experience
which is why you're asking 4chan.
>>
>>1455739
Know bars, don't know Hawaii.
>>
about the same as opening up a store somewhere but it's like a bar instead.

cheers to being a fresh college grad, you should probably start a little smaller than dumping 500k into a random experiment.
>>
>>1455741
That obvious?

Graduated last year, worked bars/restaurants to pay my way through. Graduated with business degree and started banking.

Fucking miserable. Looking to get back on the track of something I'm good at. But not in the godforsaken midwest.
>>
>>1455736
probably suck.

commercial property there costs millions to get into, on pretty much every island.

all the hotels and restaurants have bars, and there's liquor stores on every corner. Walmart and Kmart both sell booze, as does pretty much every tourist shop.

I personally wouldn't try it. The shrimp trucks and ice cream vendors down by the beaches seem to do a steady business.
>>
>>1455748

>4 years part time
> ton of experience
>>
>>1455736
>>1455748

lol
>ton of industry experience
>starting this thread

pick one bro
>>
>>1455790
it's possible to be familiar with running a bar but not familiar with Hawaii.

maybe even likely.
>>
>>1455792

If someone had 12+ years of experience owning/operating successful bars, they would not make this thread.

If someone had 5 years of experience bartending at 1-2 bar(s), they would make this thread.

you know I'm right.
>>
>>1455801
I took it to mean he was asking about costs and competition and sundry specifics to the location.

I know how to run a business services firm, but I don't know how it would work trying to start one in Bangkok.
>>
>>1455806
I understand. Bangkok is a poor analogy because it's in a different country, has a very different culture, and is in a distant part of the world. My point is that someone with a ton of experience running a successful bar would already have done research about the costs, competition, and location specifics.

all we're trying to say is he quite obviously doesn't have a ton of experience. if he had just said "I have some experience in the industry" nobody would say anything.
>>
>>1455789
I would say a year of bar experience would be around 500 pounds.
>>
How much money do you have?
>>
Never go into food or beverage, that's my personal rule. The stats on these types of businesses are horrible.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.