/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, Canadian fag here. Do you have any recommandation for an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: online-broker.jpg (16KB, 550x300px) Image search: [Google]
online-broker.jpg
16KB, 550x300px
Hi, Canadian fag here.

Do you have any recommandation for an online broker? How do I decide which ones are good? Are fixed rates of percentage rates better? (I'm just starting, and will be investing with a starting sum of about 2000$, so I think I'll go with percentage...)

Should I just go with my bank's online investor ?
I'm with BMO, but thinking of changing and going with Tangerine since they don't have charges and monthly fees... Problem is Tangerine also doesn't have an online investor app.
>>
i go through TD bank waterhouse

pros- if you login on your bank(with them) theres a button to automatically go into the brokerage to check/buy/sell your stocks thats convenient

cons- sometimes my orders dont go through fast enough, meaning if i bought a stock at $1, and i put in a n order to sell at $2, it might take then between 5-20 minutes to sell it and it mightve fallen to $1.9 or lower in the timeframe
>>
>>
>>1453508
So would an independent online broker be able to sell instantly?
Also, I suppose that if I switch banks, I won't have access to the banks own online brokerage program. Can I "transfer" my portfolio information and content from one platform to the next? I suppose I should be able to since they belong to me, right?

Sorry for noob questions, but gotta start somewhere.
>>
>>1453508
TD isn't bad but what's kinda fucked up is they don't have two factor authentication and it just seems like their security is kind of off. Maybe it's just me but it seems pretty insecure for like one of the biggest banks in NA
>>
Does anyone here use a non bank online broker? From what I've read online, they're all pretty much the same in terms of functionality... I think I should just pick a random one; but can any one please confirm that's it's relatively easy to transfer your portfolio from one broker to the next?
>>
>>1453774
i don't see much point really
>>
>>1453774
I use questrade, never have any probs
>>
Questrade is the best in Canada imo
>>
>>1453811
>>1453832
Honestly what difference does it have if you're investing for the long-term? They seem mostly identical other than some brokers offering slightly lower fees/better platforms/some offer commission-free ETFs. I don't think it makes much of a difference overall
>>
Here's to help you make your choice Anon: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/online-broker-rankings/the-globe-and-mails-17th-annual-online-broker-ranking/article27571960/

But as it says:
>The dozen firms in the ranking have converged on cost to a point where sub-$10 commissions for all are near universal. Most firms offer similar levels of research on stocks and exchange-traded funds, and most now offer tools to show how your account has performed since you set it up. Appearance is the biggest differentiator between firms now, and that means big changes in this ranking.
>>
>>1453811
>>1453832
Do you guys have any offer codes for Questrade?
Are there invites?
>>
Interactive Brokers is probably the best and cheapest stock broker. If you have $100k+ USD.

Otherwise you are a dumb fucking idiot poor loser and should just buy an ETF/TD e-series Mutual Fund.
>>
>>1453986
Does saving $3 per trade when you're dollar cost averaging matter that much to you?

Oh wow savings of $30-60/year!
>>
>>1453484
I go with my bank CIBC.

Makes transferring cash far easier and everything is in one place. But I average 2 trades a month.
>>
>>1453838
Because admin fees eat into your portfolio plus any costs for doing trades. What you tend to get is some brokers that charge little for trading but much higher in other areas and vice versa each company has different costs set out so consider carefully. Another thing to consider is the platform itself, some give you access to more information whilst others can be relatively simplistic.
>>
>>1453484
I was thinking of doing QTrade, but I might just invest through RBC since I'm with them and it would be quick and easy.
>>
Any one know if BMO's investorline is any good?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.