[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I give 1 or 2 weeks notice when quitting a shitty food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1365833380849.jpg (268KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1365833380849.jpg
268KB, 1280x720px
Should I give 1 or 2 weeks notice when quitting a shitty food service job? I don't want to quit without notice because the people here are alright.
>>
>>1453465
2 weeks is the industry standard.

if you like them you can give more.
>>
>>1453480
>if you like them you can give more.

I like them, but not that much. 2 weeks it is.
>>
>>1453465

I've been working part time as a data entry/customer service rep for a small company. For about a year the only other person in the office I've been working with has been a dick and does jack shit. He's technically my boss and I asked him for more hours and he basically gave me a not gonna happen answer so I told him I'll be looking for other jobs and was okay with that. Just had a follow up interview today that went really well and I'm 90% sure I'll land the job.

Should I give a 1-2 week notice even though I've already been given the okay? I want to start immediately at this new job and I owe the current one nothing as they've done nothing for me.
>>
>>1453527

This was meant for >>1453483
>>
Does it not say on your contract ? It's 1 week where I work
>>
>>1453534

I don't have a contract, just a part time slave that is under appreciated.
>>
>>1453527
He knows that you're looking but I think he wants notice. If you don't care about the reference I'd say just leave.

>>1453534
I don't think anything I got went over that.
>>
>>1453540

Okay, I don't care about his reference because he's a piece of shit supervisor who needs to be exposed. I kid you not, he actually works on his own business during company hours and gets paid the same amount. He has no over-site from upper management as we are located in California and the company is based in Germany. Plus I have the Sales Director as a reference who is a much nicer and understanding guy and I work more with him than my supervisor.

The guy can go pound sand when I leave.
>>
>>1453527
since you dont need them as a reference since you already got a new job, fuck em
>>
>>1453527

Honestly, he will just pile a bunch of work on you for the last two weeks. I'd give a one day notice. He wouldnt give you a two week notice if they intended to let you go.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.