[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, anyone here learned about economics in their free time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Economix.jpg (50KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
Economix.jpg
50KB, 300x426px
Hey guys, anyone here learned about economics in their free time? I don't have any degree or former education in economics, but i wanted to know more about it. So i read the book in pic related. It was great for the first half but after some point i could see it becoming very heavily influenced by the authors personal political views. Can you guys recomend some good introduction online courses, books etc.
I just typed in econ 101 into youtube and imideately crash course popped up (which has the same problems as the economix comic; political views of the creators influencing information).
>>
>>1453002
>crash course
>political views of the creators influencing information

How does it influence? I find no less biased than let's say Krugman
>>
mises.org
>>
>>1453002
It's all going to be biased (more or less) by the writer. You should still read it, along with other books by people who you don't agree with, if only to understand the critics and weaknesses or your opinions and preferred systems.

If you understand that, then you can argue better when faced with the assholes that dare think differently from you and who are therefore wrong.
>>
thomas sowell
mises
hayek
rothbard
keynes
adam smith
quesnay

googling these names and reading their works is a place to start
>>
File: hanginggondola.png (33KB, 917x1186px) Image search: [Google]
hanginggondola.png
33KB, 917x1186px
>>1453641
>keynes
>>
>>1453666

Explain the 1950's.
>>
>>1453002
I have a bachelor's in economics

It's pretty interesting universal laws but truthfully people aren't rational and expectations and assumptions don't hold true but once you reach advanced econ it becomes theoretical
>>
File: TenseUp.png (177KB, 266x593px) Image search: [Google]
TenseUp.png
177KB, 266x593px
>>1453685
hedge against the future
>>
Econ BSc and MSc holder here. You can very easily learn common sense economics from books, newspapers, and guides. These will help you understand how certain thing affect others in the world. You will have a better understanding of life and humans. But, you will not be able to properly study which economic ideologies are correct and the underlying theories too much without proper academic study. So, I recommend using economics to learn more about the world, how central banks operate and their effects, how trade matters et cetera as this can help you with investing, general life etc. But do not try to become a guy who debates on twitter about keynes vs hayek vs mises vs blahblahblah and get too deep into it, odds are you don't know what you are talking about.
>>
Perloff for microecon
Blanchard for macroecon

also if you like maths learn econometrics
introductory econometrics by woolridge seems good (disclaimer, I haven't used it)
>>
Economics has an inherent political bias, you are going to have a lot of trouble finding bias-free information.

I would just stick to the simple stuff like learning about supply and demand then going from there. Ground yourself before taking an opinion.
>>
>>1453002

Econs can't predict or explain. BSvendors and IYI all of them. Only taleb knows.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.