[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was watching the Big short and noticed that two guys on that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Get-Rich.jpg (181KB, 1200x860px) Image search: [Google]
Get-Rich.jpg
181KB, 1200x860px
I was watching the Big short and noticed that two guys on that got rich by investing on things people hoped would never happen, and it got me thinking.

And I thought about something that everyone hopes will never happen and have convinced themselves won't, but all signs point to it definitely happening. I don't wanna give it away but I'm not sure where to start. If I actually do end up finding a way to invest in it i'll share.

What I really want to know, was this just some throwaway line or is this kind of thing possible, and how do you start investing in people's fears?
>>
>>1452874
artificial human organs made from stem cells is something people want but will never talk about truthfully. a perfect artificial heart is the holy grail of medicine and there's no price that's too high.
>>
>>1452878

That's a good one but i think mine is more far reaching, akin to the housing crisis. It'll effect people on a global scale.
>>
>>1452880
Is it the Chinese housing market? the American housing market? The bankers here are doing the same thing that caused the crisis in 2008.
>>
>>1452884

No the housing markets are too obvious now, that ship has sailed.
>>
Well most nocoiners/grandpas here dont like bitcoin and trumpcoin, so here you go
>>
Protip: you look at the stock market and you find the most over valued sector and you short it. You short it hard.

Since 2011 this has been the tech stocks. Particularly Google, Amazon and Facebook.
>>
>>1452874
Just share what it is OP, I can guarantee you worst case scenario is some NEET drops his semen covered shitcoin fund in an attempt to outsmart you.
>>
>>1452874
It's unlikely that you will accomplish anything without power.

George Soros is famous for investing in events that people think are unlikely, igniting the fire and cashing out.

Although you need money and proxies to pull this off.
>>
>>1452891

So VR then?
>>
>>1452900
nentendo is a good one, people wrongly raised the price thinking they owned Pokemon GO and i bet their next system will be a failure like their last ones.
>>
>>1452902

I'm also thinking automated cars and all that tesla shit.
>>
>>1452900

Jewbook owns the occulus rift.

>>1452903

Tesla is a debt bomb. Without growth, the company withers and dies.
>>
>>1452907

Well that's why i want to bet against it.
>>
How do I invest in the inevitability of all of your private information stored on servers owned by unethical businessmen being used against you?
>>
>>1452930
pic related. youre too late
>>
File: 1364492895176.png (131KB, 1000x481px) Image search: [Google]
1364492895176.png
131KB, 1000x481px
>>1452874
>something that everyone hopes will never happen and have convinced themselves won't
Bitcoin becoming to strong against central banks resulting in nobody taking their monopoly money serious anymore
>>
>>1452889
this.
>>
>>1453006
Is bitcoin still down from the hack?
I'm thinking about buying a little and just holding until it goes mainstream.
>>
>>1453006

So then you could short currency right? Which would just essentially be borrowing money from the bank, using it to buy alot of buttcoin, then buying the money back with buttcoin when it plummets and giving it back to the bank
>>
File: 1393724036109.png (114KB, 595x633px) Image search: [Google]
1393724036109.png
114KB, 595x633px
>>1453012
Only problem is that volatility will be brutal with >+-70% swings for Bitcoin as we have seen in the past. So better don't take on to much leverage doing this.
>>
>>1453028

I thought volatility was what made it lucrative
>>
>>1453011
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bitcoin+price
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.