[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ 19 year old marketing student here Have about 10k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (91KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 750x750px
Hey /biz/
19 year old marketing student here
Have about 10k in the bank and wondering hypothetically what would be some smart options to invest into. Thinking about Bitcoin for a long term investment.. Still not sure, any ideas would be appreciated
>>
Considering travelling, but fuck that I wana be rich
>>
File: 1471257316170.jpg (92KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
1471257316170.jpg
92KB, 530x530px
>>1452574
Maybe think about getting some stock with nice dividends. Split up your $10k into 5 chucks of $2k, find five stocks that have nice dividends that pay 5%~ and that's $500~ a year if the stock stays at the same price and doesn't go up or down. Reinvest that $500 and make more. Compound that 5% a year and the possibility of the stocks going up you'll be making money. Maybe buy things and resell them for profit on eBay as well, I've purchased "(Game here)collector's edition" and then sell them on eBay/Craig's List after they all sell out for profit. Just don't get stuck with items.
>>
>>1452574
bitcoin is volatile is shit

diversify your investments because everything goes down eventually and that 10k will be 5k in no time if its in 1 stock

might be 5k in 10 stocks but thatd require a lot of damage to your stocks

id suggest continue saving and not buying anything until you have a real grasp of this shit, which will take months if not year(s)

saving is not a bad option, plebs think that because interest rates are low they must invest, but if youre a dumb investor because you literally lack the information necessary to invest effectively then saving is a lot more effective than gambling and calling it investing because its a stock or a bond and not a horse or greyhound
>>
>>1452620
The fuck do you know you worthless imbecile? Bitcoin is worth more than you can comprehend you uneducated cretin. Your advice sucks like your future saggy-tit wife will on someone elses dick, and you will always be cuck toer becausw you are so deluded in thinking that you know what you are talking about.

OP, you at our age, a mutual fund until you can afford a bigger, less volatile investment, i.e property/business. For the moment, you should keep focusing on saving however and paper trading so you learn to grasp why the market is so volatile, and also learn to deal with intuition in order to use it productively.

Assess any risk comprehensively, otherwise don't bother putting the money other places than a standard savings account.

Location?
>>
>>1452637
>? Bitcoin is worth more than you can comprehend you uneducated cretin.

kill your self

i said it was volatile, which it is, kill your self immediately
>>
>>1452640
It isn't anymore volatile than any sector of the economy, even service based ones.

Stay poor, loser. It brings me satisfaction knowing my status is incomprehensible to a deluded peasant like yourself. Fuck off back to /r/bitcoin where you think you know the first thing about a currency, let alone one light years ahead of its time.
>>
>>1452649
how can a thing be ahead of its time when its been around for years? its perfectly aligned with the zeitgeist you sperglord retard

so my advice not to invest 100% into bitcoin is incorrect because of other sectors being volatile too? where did you learn to think you dumb fuck? your assumptions and prepositions are retarded
>>
>>1452650
I thought it was a general statement disregarding BTC completely in any form of investment, my apologies mate.

I however refer to BTC being ahead of its time by so much due to the sheer resilience and capabilities the application layer frameworks such as ethereum etc provide.
>>
>>1452574

Bitcoin is great, don't put 10k in it. Learn it first, buy one for practice.
>>
>>1452574
Drop out of marketing and get a real degree.
>>
>>1452649
Bitcoin isn't a sector of the economy. It's a currency.
>>
>>1452700
such as?
>>
>>1452708
STEM, a real business major + stem, medicine, law (but only if you go to a prestige school)
>>
Put like 4k in BTC and 500$ in TrumpCoin and the rest in coke
>>
>get a marketing degree
>get nothing but door-to-door sales jobs
>>
File: 1471533107026.gif (104KB, 300x136px) Image search: [Google]
1471533107026.gif
104KB, 300x136px
Educate yourself on coding mix that with your marketing skills and build tools so you can shill that shit to poor old business owners who haven't grown their business in decades.
>How do I use facebook herpderp.

>worldwide electrical black-out
At that point BTC and coding will be useless.
>>
File: zvdyh.jpg (44KB, 396x700px) Image search: [Google]
zvdyh.jpg
44KB, 396x700px
>>1452576
Thos post does more for u than anything u can invest 1p grand in anon.

Good for u.

I would spend a couple grand on a cheap weekend vacation and soend some money on personal finance books.

Pick something u like

Find a way to make money investing in it.

If u like bitcoin, so some research and invest.

Consider other cryptocurrency.

Consider real estate for tax breaks or making money off of a hobby u have.

In any case good luck.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.