[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you have a job with bipolar? Shit's the worst for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 3zmomSM.jpg (294KB, 799x1318px) Image search: [Google]
3zmomSM.jpg
294KB, 799x1318px
How do you have a job with bipolar? Shit's the worst for building a "career". I have had jobs, drop out of society for months living off that salary.

Now I can't get back to work and I've been useless since January. It's looking bleaker by the day and I can't bring myself to apply for anything.

I am tempted to get help and take meds but I also see people who are on med cocktails, regular therapy and schedules offing themselves.

Is there any way to be $$$$ with mental illness? How does that work without an inheritance? is starting a business an answer?
>>
Get medicated
>>
>>1452479
I'm employed plus a student diagnosed with type 1. What gets me through is meds, alcohol and a goal. Mine being finishing school, getting my cpa, and never have to wash dishes again. The swings will happen either way and most days I sob for ~5 minutes in the dishpit but it will pass and I try to remember my goal. Dishwasher is a good job for us. I hardly talk to anyone and spend my time listening to audiobooks and podcasts. But then again people will treat you like bottom of the barrel shit. Get over it and don't forget what you're working toward.
>>
>>1452479
Shut the fuck up you spoiled bitch you aren't bi polar you're just a bitch
>>
You could be my sister, a bi-polar wacko feminist cunt, and marry a beta cuck and never work a day in your life

>And nobody calls you out on being a wacko cunt because you're a woman
>>
>>1452479
No pills. Therapy is fine, it actually works if you are man enough to admit your weaknesses and your desire to change for the better.

Stop thinking of yourself as a victim with a mental disorder. Start planning what type of person you want to be, then start acting on your goals to make that person your reality. There is no hope in Western psychology, only defeating labels and brain-numbing drugs that hide your actual internal power.

Ask for help from an actual psychologist, and ask him these questions instead of an anime board. I would recommend working at a job until you are confident enough to start a meticulously planned small business. Good luck. Be honest with yourself and stop making excuses.
>>
>>1452606
meant to say Psychiatry instead of psychology. Difference being, psychiatrists label your issue and typically recommend drugs, whereas there are many psychologists who specialize only in therapeutic techniques like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (actively training yourself to have a stronger mind and smarter behaviors.)
>>
>>1452606
>>1452629
I get that. I see more people suggesting CBT or DBT to work on stuff. That appeals to me.

>>1452599
I'm sorry to hear that anon.

>>1452593
I have wondered that but at the time of quitting, it felt like I was in a burning building and jumping out was the only option.

>>1452590
That resonates with me. Revenge seems to be a great motivator and I've used spite in the past. Only way i've gotten shit done. Now it's like the fight has gone out. I usually respond to getting insulted but now it just makes me depressed.

>>1452481
I wish I could afford meds man. I just have enough saved for food and other necessary expenses. One hour of psychologist is $250 and one doctor's appointment is $400.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.