[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I copyright this frog and then sue sites that have his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1428578997900669.jpg (27KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
1428578997900669.jpg
27KB, 550x535px
Can I copyright this frog and then sue sites that have his likeness uploaded?
>>
The frog is freedomain
>>
>>1452074
Sure. Issue is that it belonged to the designer of the comic which you clearly don't know of.. but.. let's say you bought his comics rights and then somehow convinced yourself to expunge the internet of the frog.. you can look at the example of the harlem shake/filthyfranktv situation and try to replicate what he did.
>>
File: 1467655286482.jpg (14KB, 249x228px) Image search: [Google]
1467655286482.jpg
14KB, 249x228px
>>1452074
No
>>
>>1452074
If you made the original, yes.

If not, if you made entirely your own version, yes.

If you made some derivative of the original using the original, and you had permission/some sort of arrangement with the original owner, then yes.

Otherwise, no.

Could you sue sites? It'd cost so much that it wouldn't be worth the time/effort. At most you could pepper off C&Ds and see what happens.
>>
>>1452074
You'd have to sue all the guys that do things like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZVaccbQFuw

It's not cost effective.
>>
>>1453861
gawker.com
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.