[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I barely have enough to retire, but I am too unskilled to earn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_nuwz3dVfVL1tlsdojo1_500.jpg (77KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuwz3dVfVL1tlsdojo1_500.jpg
77KB, 500x327px
I have 450,000.
I'm 27 and have been arrested, kicked out of military, and am completely untrained, unskilled, and lost in life.

I do not really have enough to retire comfortably, but I do not want to risk my nest egg in a franchise.

I have a useless AA degree in business, do you think trying to get my CPA license this late in life is a good idea?

Im applying to trade unions, but I think I need a backup plan (misdemeanor is alcohol related no one was hurt, military kick out is not related and non re-enterable-non criminal).

I dont want to work for less than $20 an hour...
Most part time jobs, just arnt worth the effort.
I want to travel around third world countries and fuck foreign women, but I am open to going back to college for a serious degree (only a degree with a good license CPA, RN, etc. no foreigners could steal my job).

Maybe get a large loan on a multi-family building or trailer park?
>>
Where the hell did you get that kind of money? Rich grandpa?

And what the hell did you do to get a dishonorable discharge?
>>
Gas stations senpai. Although I myself has not done this a dad of a kid I grew up with bought two when I was younger. I'm 23 now and his dad owns about 12 throught my town and neighboring town. He only goes in to check how things are going and usually drives a bmw M5 but has an old ferrari he drives on weekends. He has also been able to buy his kid basically everything he wanted including a brand new 2016 honda civic and just gives his kid money to do whatever with. So in about 10 years he went from driving an old bmw to being able to afford an almost brand new M5, ferrari and a fuck ton of other stuff. Kid is a spoiled faggot now but looks like they are doing great financially.
>>
File: 861915_011.jpg (53KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
861915_011.jpg
53KB, 320x240px
>>1451436
If you think you have enough discipline to get a CPA, you're fooling yourself.
>>
>>1451450
He didn't say he has a Dishonorable Discharge exactly. I got kicked out with "Under Honorable Conditions" and it still hasn't affected me negatively, excluding being unable to collect education benefits (GI Bill). That's a good chunk of change OP. Don't consider work beneath you. You could practically do any job to maintain a living income, while investing what you've already accumulated (from inheritance?) and landing yourself in a very comfortable state of living. You should be interested in something if you want to go to school.
>>
>>1451453

Gas stations are either very profitable or barely surviving based on location.

The one I use has the best prices in town (50k) but the owner is still struggling because he's not on the main highway.
>>
I currently work as a bookkeeper, and I charge 20 an hour. I love working on excel.

I am nervous about gas stations though due to musk/electric motors.

My dad gave me 100,000 when I was 18 (he was pissed off my sister was going to expensive uni, I went to cheap school instead). I invested it well.
>>
I only get 4 hours a week, its not worth it too continue unless I do something more. I kind of want to go to phillipines and retire but I know i will regret the choice in 5 years.
>>
Kneepads
>>
What is the cheapest easiest way about getting a CPA license?
I have an AA degree in management.
>>
>>1451469
If you're investing well, why not continue to do that?
>>
Investing is passive income, I plan on continuing (but that is essentially retirement).

I could fuck off to Lithuania, and invest, but I am also tempted to invest in school, and try to become a CPA or maybe even a lawyer someday (if law school gets cheap enough).

I would rather find a nice 20-30 an hour job, and save up another 200k though...

What kind of jobs are there I can get for 20-30 an hour?
>>
>>1451436
I suggest you retire in a third world country or rural state where everything is cheap. That way you will save a lot for living alone.

For cheap long-term businesses I suggest truffle farming in Italy or France where you can grow white truffles worth 5000 dollars per great specimens.
Buying a building and renting it could work too. It takes far less brains than apartment flipping.

For something even cheaper I suggest a kindergarten or an online comic book. Don't do animation, it's stupidly expensive.
>>
>>1451521

Mechanics if your good with tools and arent brain dead.
>>
mechanics = 100% mexican

I am looking for a small investment say under $50,000 to buy a job, or increase my wage...

Like 50,000 in college + time might make my wage go up 10 an hour.

I have my EPA license for AC but the community college did not teach me shit, and i cant work in that due to bad license.
>>
First of all, I see that you have a good head on your shoulders and that's more than what most of this board has. I'm not going to tell you what to do with your money but i hope put that in some safe shit. A CPA is a great way to start. Maybe do the community college straight As to a top public uni. By the way I spend most of my free cash backpacking and I fucking recommend you do it. Especially your age stay at the top hostels on hostel world. Tons of great beautiful people your age partying and exploring the world. Do south east asia. Bangkok to the islands. Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos. Philippines is great too. Don't forget Indonesia and Bali. I spent $30/day. Forget hookers unless you're into that. So many fucking great chicks as long as you're not autistic.
>>
If you're only 27, I'd be nervous about retiring with only 450. It might work if you had a military pension on top of that, but just straight up? No way.

Maybe try moving to a third world country if you just want to take it easy
>>
how much is enough to retire in your late 20s?

I'm supposed to inherit like 1.2 million from my rich grandpa soon
>>
>>1451781
depends on your standard of living.

if you want an average house in the average US with an average car and average entertainment and food you'll probably need more than that.

if you're used to cheap apartments, used cars, ramen noodles, no travel, and drinking vodka for fun then what you've got should easily do the trick.
>>
>>1451436
>put $450,000 in retirement fund
>work for 30 years to support yourself without needing to save
>retire

pretty much your best option
>>
>>1451436

Go work at a bait shop.
>>
>>1451436
>I dont want to work for less than $20 an hour.
Go fuck yourself then. 5 cents an hour is better than the $0 you're currently making you god damn entitled cunt. Worry about getting a fucking job first then worry about how much you're getting paid.
>>
>>1452612
Getting a job for 5 cents an hour in one day is worse than waiting a month to get a job that pays 20 an hour.
>>
>>1452617
bullshit

you can enjoy that unemployed time more than that work time

work is horrible if you dont enjoy it, you can find 5c on the ground by accident and be happier
>>
>>1451781
You could live a very comfy life for just 720k in a third world country. Of course good luck learning a foreign language.
>>
use the money and go to school, there are 30 year olds in and some people 40+ in my engineering courses

just dont fuck around like you have in the past. play the university card right and you can make good money to retire at a nice age if you want
>>
>>1452923
>Of course good luck learning a foreign language.

Not that hard.
>>
>>1452617
Obviously 5 cents an hour was a fucking hyperbole you jackass, my point being you can still look for work while you are employed, so you can be making money while you look for somewhere better.

>>1452633
It's not about enjoying yourself if you're being unproductive versus being productive. Unless you are looking for a job that pays $20+/H for 8h a day, settle for less until you find one better.
>>
>>1451436
Mobile home park. You could leverage that into a million dollar portfolio easy

You keep more money with mobile home parks than apartments (30 to 40% of income goes to expe ses vs 50 to 60% for normal multifamilirs)

Plus better tax depreciation on capex

Bottom line is those things sweat money for you
>>
I would lose my unemployment if I settled for less. (unemployment is about 22,000 a year)
>>
>>1451436
Find a cheap apartment complex with lots of units, preferably something that can be fixed up and charge 500-700+ per unit. Maybe for about $250K?

Spend 100-150K on renovations, fees, etc...

Manage the complex and enjoy collection 10K rent per month if you can find a 15-20 unit for that price.

I found a 19 unit in my city for $280K, and could probably snag it for 250K.
>>
What city do you live in?
Is it a rust belt?
>>
>>1451491
I've heard from many cpa's you essentially need the masters just to be prepared for the cpa exam. You would probably have a better shot at law imo.
>>
>>1452612
This is by far the most practical advice in this thread. Heck, even some of the best advice I've heard in my life.
>>
Running a business is not something you just decide to do. If you go in unprepare you will get fucked in the ass, no ifs or buts. You will.

Opening a Business is no different to owning stock expect you can always see the stock price you optimistically hope your business is going well.

Get into the stock/derivative market desu it's the only way
>>
I am reading through the comments OP, whatever you do, do not listen to any of this morons

>"I had a good idea once OP, you should totally do it you'll print cash"

If only it worked like that retards
>>
File: S.jpg (49KB, 620x840px) Image search: [Google]
S.jpg
49KB, 620x840px
>>1451460
>I got kicked out with "Under Honorable Conditions"
Lol, me too.
Except mine was "Other than honorable".
>>
Enjoy being broke fags \m/
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.