[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is technical analysis essentially just a meme? The more I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (150KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 640x427px
So is technical analysis essentially just a meme?

The more I've researched it, the more I've become convinced that it's placebo bullshit built on nothing.
>>
File: TA.png (250KB, 805x535px) Image search: [Google]
TA.png
250KB, 805x535px
TA Is real. The duck predicted a bull run
>>
>>1450569
I'm telling you now that people have done it. The market is anything but efficient.

But why would you listen to me. I'm just an anon.
>>
>>1450586
Done what?
>>
>>1450591
Is English not your first language?

People have made a decent returns with moderate risk using technical and fundamental analysis.
>>
>>1450569
>The more I've researched it, the more I've become convinced that it's placebo bullshit built on nothing.

it only works if paired with fundamental analysis, one uses it to predict good entry and exit points. if you do it on your own, you are essentially gambling.
>>
>>1450600
If people are buying and selling based on TA then it is a self fulfilling prophecy and becomes real yes
>>
>>1450597
>People have made a decent returns with moderate risk using technical and fundamental analysis.
People have won the lottery too. Doesn't make it a sound financial strategy, idiot.
>>
>>1450605
>If people are buying and selling based on TA then it is a self fulfilling prophecy and becomes real yes
1908 called and wants its momentum trading strategy back. Computers will fucking rape your face if you try this shit today.
>>
>>1450621
what's your strategy?
>>
>>1450569
Certain TA is basically retarded, yes, like if someone tells you they're going long at the neckline of an inverted dragon pussy formation, run the other way.

There are plenty of people out there like Toby Crable who have built long, successful career out of using TA. Usually it is something simple, like using moving averages or ATR or something like that. The more complicated it is, the more it's bullshit.
>>
>>1450569
You want to learn price action.
>>
TA is mostly useful for helping you develop a plan for entry and exit prices/timing instead of "gut feel", but it's not really going to give you an edge.
>>
>>1450663
>The more complicated it is, the more it's bullshit.
This

Goes for fundamental analysis too. There are so many "guaranteed strategies to maximize profit" out there that involve what would seem like quantum physics, yet the most successful investor in the world knows in 5 minutes whether he's going to buy the stock or not.
>>
>>1450569
It's something lots of the people here like to argue about, that's for sure.
>>
>>1450569
Of course it's not a meme. In-depth dogma is always stupid (see also: psychology, philosophy) but moving averages etc. are very useful. Typically TA is only good for the short-term, and even then fundamentals will disrupt it. Basically it's only useful on the hours, minutes, maybe days scale, assuming there is no news or anything released.
>>
>>1450627

not him, but I use slater's Zulu Principle for finding growth shares, I bought my first shares recently and hopefully the company will look up soon.

Also remember what buffet said: "be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful"
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.