[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ how do you look for new clients? I am new hire at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: newClients.jpg (34KB, 530x398px) Image search: [Google]
newClients.jpg
34KB, 530x398px
Hey /biz/ how do you look for new clients?

I am new hire at my father's business as an assistant to the salesman we have. And we sell various heating systems. That's so obscure and only few people need our stuff, since most people just install gas based heating if we don't catch them before they do.

Now I am sitting here googling random keywords hoping to find some big construction project or clients and am having no luck. Please tell me /biz/ what are some ways to find clients?
>>
Maybe I'm not understanding op as I have never worked sales that weren't them coming to me... but aren't there sites like Angie's list or the most obvious method... learning from your sales lead.. isn't that why you're an apprentice?.. you know. To learn from him.
>>
>>1450367
I'd probably buy ads in the local newspapers and radio. Maybe on facebook targeting people in your area.

you about have to catch people before they even break ground on a new project since they usually have their HVAC contractor hired months ahead of construction.

if you're really good with people you could try to plug your products with local contractors, architects and engineers. I suspect most of them are going to still choose proven systems in common use though. I mean if your heating systems were actually superior you wouldn't be looking for clients- they'd be looking for you.
>>
>>1450379
Well our salesman has worked for about half a year and he found only 1 client. All other clients we had because of my father's connections. So when I asked the salesman about it he wasn't too sure himself other than finding clients in exhibitions
>>
>>1450387
well our heating systems are something like a middle ground between effective-expensive types and cheap-bothersome types (wood, coal)
don't know much about it. I think first of all i have to spend some time to learn about the products we are selling hahaha

Thank you for your input!
>>
>>1450404
you're quite welcome.
and yes, find out why your product is better.

I've found one secret of sales is sincerely believing what you're selling will help people. It makes them happier if you know that, and you'll be happier too.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.