[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I approach investors? What stops them from listening to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: seed.jpg (28KB, 448x298px) Image search: [Google]
seed.jpg
28KB, 448x298px
How do I approach investors?
What stops them from listening to my pitch and running off with the idea?
>>
>>1448629
The business will be past idea stage when I approach investors ofc, but I mean whats stopping them from taking my business model and expanding the way I want to before me?
>>
Investors are not entrepreneurs, they don't build anything themselves. They just shit money and expect ROI.
>>
>>1448632
Investors are lazy
That's why they invest
t. investor
>>
you have to prey on their innermost desires and insecurities

"buy my shit, oh, i didnt know you were those low risk low yield investors"
>>
>>1448653
This

However nothing is actually stopping them unless you have an air tight patent. Welcome to capitalism.
>>
>>1448632
If they steal your idea, they are stopping you from putting in the hard work for them.
>>
>>1448879
they will definitely steal your idea. they can just pay someone else to do the hard work. then they have 100% equity.
>>
>>1448629
Find people with the power to invest money that have a problem that your pitch solves.
Then you make them sign NDAs, ignoramus.

Or, get a patent. Seriously if you're idea's so good then why not get it patented before someone blows thousands or millions of dollars on it?
>>
>>1449029
Well you see, im selling a service, not a a brand new product or piece of written software that I can actually put a patent on. Idk if its possible to patent a business model but i'll see, I'm thinking of approaching investors in the next 2 months desu.
>>
good luck mate
>>
>>1449368
Write it down in extreme detail.
Then at the very least you'll have some degree of "copyright" protection over the business model.
I don't think it'll stand up in court, but it's another hurdle to anyone trying to steal your idea.

The key is: NDAs. Talk to a lawyer, or there must be websites where you can buy a pre-written one.

But the thing that worries me is, you say you're selling a service, but you're afraid of investors stealing your idea, that's very risky: from an investor's point of view why should they invest in it even if they like you and don't want to screw you over? How do they know someone with MORE money isn't going to come along and steal the idea and screw them over?

What do you offer, YOU personally that enhances this idea?

>You don't have to answer that here, as I'm sure you don't want to reveal too many details online. But think about it, that's the worry I have.

Best of luck. I hope you get some investors on board.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.