[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

suit thread - advice/etc long story short I will have an interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

suit thread - advice/etc

long story short I will have an interview for a position in the financial industry. ive been told by friends that these guys pay high fucking attention to what you dress like and how you look (well groomed etc) so i need all the advice i can get

do i go for patterns? what colors? what ties?
please tell me anyone here has experience with this because im shitting myself.

i got the interview for an entry level position by the way

(also do i put gel or wax in my hair)
>>
>>1448508
>>>/fa/
>>
>>1448512
i just asked but they have no fucking clue

i made the same thread

i thought since so many of you pretend to be high rolling bankers in the finance industry i could get SOME advice here
>>
>>1448508
Well fitting navy suit should be enough.

>also do i put gel or wax in my hair
Depends on your hair type, but pomade would be the best option. Wax if you have to choose between these two.
>>
Yeah, navy suit with a light shirt and dark tie. You're going for a presidential look. Really though, the outfit is only for first glance. Like, they'll see you, not notice there's anything retarded about your wardrobe choices, and move on to the substance of the interview. Good luck!
>>
>>1448521
>pomade

never even heard of that but will try it

thank you.

i assume a simple navy suit with no patterns? also should the shirt have a pattern or just plane white?
>>
>>1448524
good to know. not sure why im shitting myself so much for my outfit
>>
>>1448508
Buy a decent suit, don't go cheap. Make sure the pants aren't too long or too short. Ask advice from the salesman.
http://www.moss.co.uk/luxury-italian-designer-suits
http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/suits?gclid=CMn365a5yM4CFUsq0wodUzsG-Q
Personally I don't like the gillets.

Pick a solid color tie, or striped. Don't go for a pattern that gives you an epileptic attack. Take a regular sized one, not a skinny tie.

http://www.the-tie-expert.com/product-category/regular/?orderby=date
https://www.thetiebar.com/product/32551sk

Gel or wax, depends on the length of your hair. If you got short hair, go for wax.

Get a haircut and do your nails. Don't overdo the cologne/eau de toilette
>>
>>1448537
thank you very much, solid advice. will defintely get a tie from that shop.

>dont overdo cologne
didnt know there was such a thing but i will try to avoid it
>>
File: 1471158412469.jpg (62KB, 940x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471158412469.jpg
62KB, 940x600px
Chanel mens colonge
Suit, understated two piece in a blue that 'pops' or either a light gray with a subtle line .
Shirt Blue or White stiff collared
Tie, Sold blue or grey cashmere
optional blue or white pocket square square fold.
If you have a decent swiss watch wear it.
Pomade usually has the best results dependant on hair type.
Shoes, shine them up and make sure they have a point and don't look cheap.
>>
>>1448508
From the books i have read on the subject (and living with an upper class family):

>grooming
Be clean, have you hair very tidy but not a lot shiny (watch what hair gel you use)

>shirt
White button up oxford with a buisness or english collar (no cut away)
Spend $40-50 if you can

> suit
Two piece navy or grey suit, no stripes, find the darkest colour you can but no blacks
Try to go three buttons, and two cuts
Spend in the $500 range, but never go below $200

>shoes
Black lace up oxford with goodyear soles
If you can't afford them go black leather lace up
$200 range, never go under $80

>accessories
Red or dark blue SILK tie(they'll notice the difference), no stripes. Very simple motifs (like little dots). You never go wrong with no motifs.

Black leather belt with a small buckle
Very simple watch with a dark strap and no plastics, or no watch
>>
>>1448817
I forgot to mention your tie knot should be a four in hand knot, nothing fancy, the simpler the better

Avoid french cuffs shirt if you don't have simple round gold cufflinks (any other shape needs a good understanding of what you are doing)
>>
>>1448817
>>1448824
And if you have money left buy a white pocket square, and use a square fold.

But most important, shine your shoes!

If you stay away of anything fancy (mind the difference between fancy and luxurious) and keep it simple there shouldn't be any problem

Feel free to ask any question
>>
>>1448817
>>1448824
>>1448831
And i forgot to mention, get everything tailored

Fit > $$$
>>
>>1448508
I work in law, which is a bit different, but here's what you need to know:

Despite the stereotypes, money in outfits doesn't really matter. Very, very few people in the industry can identify expensive suits. In my experience, most people in law/finance/medicine are extremely poorly dressed and don't give a fuck, mostly because their work has overtaken their life and they can't recapture a work/life balance.

If you're looking for a breakdown:
- A navy or medium gray single-breasted double-vented suit with no cuffing and no pleats. Regular lapel width. Don't get any patterns on the fabric - leave that for a fourth or fifth suit. Get it either (1) made-to-measure (indochino, alton lane, blank lapel, black label, whatever) or (2) off-the-rack (suitsupply, brooks brothers' more modern fits, etc). NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, GET IT TAILORED. Fit is the critical difference between a bad suit and a good suit.
- At least three good dress shirts. I like Brooks Brothers shirts when on sale, as their price/quality ratio is just right - you can get 3 for $70/ea. or so. White, light blue, light pink or purple.
- Brown or black dress shoes. Allen Edmonds are a great value for price/performance. Meermin is a cheaper somewhat tolerable brand. Johnston & Murphy and Cole Haan are tolerable for beaters, but their quality has taken a nosedive.
- A dress belt to match the above. Belts are properly not worn with suits but should be worn with them if you go without a tie.
- A good, high-quality tie. Silk is nice and certainly oldschool, but other fabrics are more youthful and equally respectable. The Tie Bar is a decent cheap option for a starter.
- A tie bar. Keeps the tie in place. Always wear it.
- A pocket square. Folded square, crisply pressed, let it live in the suit jacket forever. It looks more professional and keeps the pocket from looking silly.

Your hair should be short and be styled. No facial hair.
>>
>>1448508
Fuck off
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.