[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know that short quotes are often way too glib and feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

I know that short quotes are often way too glib and feel like inspiration spiel. But who cares, sometimes they are motivating and useful, so /Biz/illionaires, what are your favorite business quotes/mantras/maxims/axioms?

>People don't want quarter inch screws, they want quarter inch holes
Theodore Levitt

>Strategy is not about goals. It's about how you accomplish those goals. Nor is it about actions - although the actions are implicit in the strategy
Michael Porter

>Personal branding is about figuring out who you are and what turns you on then monetising it.
Kelly Cutrone

>Which ones do I tell my friends to buy? (when returning to Apple and being presented with the subtle differences between each product in their line)
Steve Jobs

>The young designers should forget about the word “young” because if you’re only interesting because you are young, that may be a problem.
Karl Lagerfeld
(I think this one can apply to anyone in any field though)

> If you don’t cannibalize yourself, someone else will
Steve Jobs

>Many people in (emerging markets) will be buying their first car… and it's a big car. It's a large investment so they want the biggest car they can get. Small cards are for rich countries
Carlos Ghosn

>Delegation is the art of accepting second best
Bernard Ecclestone

>(when he was a mailroom boy) I noticed the boss left three hours after clock off. So I made sure I was there. Within 90 days I was his assistant. It could have been anybody!
Mike Ovitz
>>
File: soko2.jpg (103KB, 914x1224px) Image search: [Google]
soko2.jpg
103KB, 914x1224px
>The definition of salesmanship is the gentle art of letting the customer have it your way
Ray Kroc

>Some people have a sense of the market and some people don’t. Steven Spielberg has it.
>Woody Allen has it, for the audience he cares about reaching. and so does Sylvester Stallone, at the other end of the spectrum.
>Some people criticize Stallone [but h]e knows what the public wants and he delivers it.
Donald Trump

>I'm only rich because I know when I'm wrong....
George Soros

Any to add?
>>
File: post-35596-0-1446149660-39684.jpg (2MB, 2640x3960px) Image search: [Google]
post-35596-0-1446149660-39684.jpg
2MB, 2640x3960px
I think my favorite isn't even a business quote at all, but if understood correctly can make you mountains and mountains of money.

>As a fortune teller, people only want you to tell them about three things: their health, their wealth, and their love life.
Orson Welles
>>
OP is a faggot

-anonymous
>>
My favorite

>> if you had all the money in the world and I had all the land, what would I charge you for your first night's rent?
>>
>>1448595
>tfw I hire a private army to seize all "your" land for a fraction of your price
>>
File: tumblr_nftm4qSWLj1sshs72o1_1280.jpg (201KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nftm4qSWLj1sshs72o1_1280.jpg
201KB, 600x1000px
>>1448595
Interesting. I guess it goes back to the pre-industrialist thing of the person who owns the land has the money more or less.

>>1448618
>In a wooooorld where one man owns all the land
>One man, and his rough and tumble crew of mercenaries...
>These tennants won't pay up without a fight
>Sylvester Stallone and Shia LaBeouf... in...
>"The Landlord!"
>A Canonco production.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.