[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey boys and girls, I've just started my own business.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
Hey boys and girls, I've just started my own business.

Starting with small apps, then slowly moving onto tougher stuff such as webdev, server hosting in the future. Then finally diversifying into other markets like mechanical/chemical engineering.

Have a team of friends from various backgrounds all keen to invest their time.

What tips can you guys give??
>>
>>1446401
Never start a business with friends.
>>
>>1446409
not friends.

acquantinces from university.

I've actually taken the night rider route, making interns work for free while they get a stake in company for a few years.
>>
>>1446409
This

Also, you're obviously a delusional idiot.
>>
>>1446416
this
>>
I started a business with my best friend and we basically hated each other through everything, wouldn't agree on shit, we eventually closed the business. We are still friends, but I think starting the business was just a bad idea. Actually lost money on it, didn't hurt me or him that much, but we are both still mad about it.
>>
>>1446415
>work for free
>for a few years

Yeah, no. They will quit as soon as something (anything) else comes along.
>>
>>1446416
Ok mate what have you done with your life :)

I wanna take a risk, go fuck yourself.

I have an accountant

I have it all legalized

I have website servers

Email servers

everything is all go, just came here for advice and you neetcucks project your own pussy shit
>>
>>1446459
top kex m8. I'm working on a PhD in chemistry, so atm not too much, but have a few potential material patents coming up soon in connection with one of the biggest companies in the world.

you're quite obviously a cancerous leech who just wants to make a quick buck, rather wanting to see a good idea through which will make you a buck. standard young dumbass who hasn't done anything with his life. have fun watching it all burn down around you.
>>
File: 8MWbw.gif (803KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
8MWbw.gif
803KB, 500x267px
>>1446471
>you're quite obviously a cancerous leech who just wants to make a quick buck
>rather wanting to see a good idea through which will make you a buck
>>
>>1446471
I'm not a "young dumbass who hasn't done anything with his life" mate.

I've worked in finance, I've worked in insurance, I've been taught from my family who've all been business owners.

Please shut your mouth mr PhD oh a paper says you can do whatever you want XD
>>
>>1446471
Also mate, I was brought up in business. Psychologically you're more likely to start a business if someone in your family has already.

Well my parents did when they were 18 and are successful, grandparents too, uncles, aunts, whole family take risks and have come out successful.

The worst that happens is I lose a few grand and go back to working for IAG. (Insurance Australia Group)
>>
>>1446479
your family must be pretty stupid then if you're coming to 4chan for advice. real nice one.

>>1446478
I hope for your sake that you're trolling
>>
>>1446486
Uh, it doesn't hurt to gain advice from anywhere mate? Go hit a bong or have a drink jesus you're depressing.
>>
>>1446483
LOL
>>
>>1446483
The problem here is not you starting a business per se, it's you working with friends. That's almost always a bad idea because business requires cutthroat acumen. "Keen to invest their time" doesn't cut it, you need to set out ground rules: what (if any) their share of the company is, how much they get paid and when, and what the consequences are if they drop the ball. Incorporate, bind them to it, and have real consequences for failure. General rule of thumb: if they want a cut, they should invest money to keep themselves on the line.

With that said, apps and webdev, at least in the small scale, do not require assistance. Freelance it.

Also, there's genuinely no trajectory from fucking server hosting to mechanical engineering, I have no idea why you think that's even logically possible.
>>
>>1446459
Don't listen to these cuckfags anon. U wanna chase your dream i say go for it. I had a failed business and try not to do business with friends so i got fuckall for advise other than try and be fair to everyone and beware of internal drama.

Wish u great sucess OP. Goodluck!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.