[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is CFA certificate worth it? What about MBA? Is it worth it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

Is CFA certificate worth it? What about MBA?

Is it worth it in terms of getting a well paying job out of it in the end? CFA is about 7k$ and MBA is about 20k$ where I'm from.

I'm going to study programming in collage, but lately developed interest in finance and trading, therefore seek out for certificates. However, I treat it as a hobby right now, but want to complete something on the side from finance along with programming.
>>
>>1446107
>collage

Stick to programming, anon.
>>
>>1446112
Are you actually going to shitpost on me for making an error spelling mistake. Are you really offended over words so bad to turn into autist
>>
>>1446107
it depends... if you work in a buy side firm then CFA is more or less a standard requirement as you progress, if you work in a bank (in a business role) it is less useful but perhaps nice to have

if you work in IT it probably isn't going to change much for you - you're unlikely to suddenly become a trader, portfolio manager just because you studied for a CFA. Maybe it would help with moving into a business analyst role but it is rather a lot of effort for fairly marginal gain not to mention not really required.

MBA more useful if you're actually progressing through an organisation - sure if you're from some target school then you can do a few years in the workforce then go for an MBA and carry on in your top banking, consulting etc.. career. If you're not that profile then it is of limited use unless you're actually progressing career wise.

It isn't uncommon to see IT people with CFA these days working in banks... yet it isn't the golden ticket for them to move from their QA, support, whatever... role.

I have seen one indian guy, working in first line application support with both 'CFA' and 'MBA' in his e-mail sig, and he wasn't really any more competent at his job or at understanding functional/business issues than anyone else in the team.

these things will take a lot of work to complete, only you are really in a position to figure out if they're going to offer significant benefit to you or just marginal benefit for the amount of effort you're going to have to put in to obtain them.
>>
>>1446137
Ty for answer, appreciate it.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.