[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the polite way to say: I found another job, give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

What's the polite way to say: I found another job, give me an offer with more money or else?

I'm currently in a shitty intern position, and my boss is in the process of offering me a permanent position for a really shitty pay. I've been interviewing elsewhere and more or less got another job (but it's really far and shitty in its own way). I want to tell my current boss that I have another job offer and ask him to try and match the pay of it for the position he's going to offer me. How do I go about that in a sensitive manner/what do I say?

I'm thinking of telling him about the other job offer before he offers me the job so I can premptively put a stop to him thinking he can continue paying me shit. Not sure what exactly to say though..

Any advice would be appreciated. And I know that I'm playing a gamble since it's just two job offers and nothing is in writing and this could backfire.
>>
When you get the a firm job offer . Tell them to give you 1 week to mull it over.

The the next day talk to your current boss.
>>
>>1444232
Quit like normal. Politely in writing say fuckit, im out. If they like u they'll offer more. If not. Piss on em.
>>
Asl yourself this. Does either of the companies offer any future in the long run. Promotions are earned with time, so go with the most promising one
>>
>>1444430
Neither of them are great jobs and both are small companies, so I don't see it as a career/long-term and seem pretty dead-end. I'm okay with that dead-end. The job offer I have seems to be a higher position but the work environment is unpleasant.

>>1444379
I don't have the talent/experience to pull that off to have them come begging.

>>1444260
What do I say the next day during the talk is my question.
>I appreciate my time here, so I just wanted to inform you that I've received another job offer. I'm willing to remain here if you'd consider matching its salary of xx?
Is that too rude?
>tfw scared he'll call my bluff
>>
>>1445314
If you have an offer. Yeah that green text is fine.

If your just bluffing....

Expect him to call your bluff.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.