[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you realise that networking is just a fancy buzzword

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1469100712367.png (177KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1469100712367.png
177KB, 367x321px
>tfw you realise that networking is just a fancy buzzword for cronyism
>>
>>1442963
get used to it faggot
>>
>>1442963
I always equated "networking" to booze.
>>
>>1442963

>implying cronyism is always a bad thing
>>
>>1442963
try r9k
>>
Blood is thicker than water, anon. Why should this surprise you?
>>
>>1443037
>Why is it fair that people who are more social get appointed to better jobs than people who are more skilled at said job
Gee, that really made me think.
>>
>>1443085

Because then they'll be doing a different job that requires more social skills, which they're not good at?
>>
>>1443089
>Being social implies you're strictly better at any other skill, e.g. analysing market trends, than everyone who isn't social
Gee, that really made me think.
>>
>>1443092

No, it means you have better social skills, that makes you better at a job that requires social skills, namely the next rank up which will involve managing those below them. Don't treat it as a gold star for good behaviour, it's not. It's a tactical decision to make the company more efficient and profitable.

>Employee A can make 100 widgets an hour but can't talk to half the other employees without litterally shitting himself in awkward panic
>Employee B can make 70 widgets an hour but can talk the pants off a nun and is popular with everyone.

Why should they promote employee A when it'll mean their best widget maker is now no longer making widgets and is actually doing a job he can't do without shitting himself?
>>
>>1443102
>only advancements that exist are to middle management

tomorrow's a school day, shouldnt you be doing your homework
>>
>>1443107

>only middle management have people under then
>only middle management have to organise and work directly with other people
>>
>>1443117
>namely the next rank up which will involve managing those below them

you literally said "managing"
>>
>>1443126

Yes. What do you call it when you have people below you who you tell what to do?

>it's a "play fuckfuck word games instead of focusing on the actual point" episode
>>
>>1443133
If you want people to stop patronising you over the internet, stop saying stupid things.
>>
>>1442963
It's about networks of trust.

I work in the film industry in a city that isn't NYC, LA, or Atlanta. It sucks.

So a movie comes to town and some of the local crew get bent out of shape because they hire a second camera operator from LA instead of hiring a local.

It doesn't really matter that there were ten camera operators who could've taken the gig. The people who made the decision didn't have to waste time or effort vetting someone. They didn't have to worry about hiring someone who had nice work samples but was a pain to work with.

It wasn't really a revelation for me, just a reminder. Most of us don't work in some white room environment where merit is a 100% objective quality. We work in a chaotic economy with everyone trying to jostle for position and avoid a knife in the back at the same time.
>>
I made that Pepe
>>
>>1442963

and nepotism
>>
>>1443771
Include me in the screenshot
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.