[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw had to take a sick day at work 4 years clean streak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

>tfw had to take a sick day at work

4 years clean streak broken. I feel so ashamed. But I can't be handling customers while down with the flu.

How's your streak going?
>>
>Handling customers

Mcdonalds?
>>
>>1441576
Hotel.
>>
>>1441568
ashamed? wow your employer really has you brainwashed.
>>
>>1441568
Working in a hotel at this very moment
>>
>>1441634
It's more of a personal work honor thing. It's a pretty nice thing to have written on a recommendation.
>>
>>1441653
Yeah i'm sure your boss will really remember all the self-less sacrifices you made for him when the time comes.

Lmfao who are you kidding. The moment he can save money or you fuck up he'll fire your ass, not even thinking twice about your 4 years of not missing a single day.

It's like that even in highly skilled positions. You can be a model, top-tier employee for 9 years, fuck up one year and you're gone.
>>
Not work but I lost my streak on duolingo and stopped because of it
I almost thought I lost it on myfitnesspal too but its still there
>>
>>1441655
That's like those people who stay late every night but still suck at their work. Nobody cares that you stay late. They care that you do your job well.
>>
i like how companies give you breaks and float days and shit and yet they punish you for using them

>"sure you could take the fifteen minute break HR gave you, but what about the customers!?!?!" they say for an entire 9 hour period because the phone calls never stop

it's like logic goes out the window in an office. what if they used that shit logic on a construction site?

>"i guess you could take a break but the building isn't finished yet! that's very unfair to everyone, don't you think?"
>>
>>1441695
yeah, fuck corporate. If you let them walk all over you, they will.
>>
Gone 5 years without calling in sick or taking a vacation.
When I got laid off, they pay out all 5 years of my vacation time, (about $2k)
>>
>>1441747
>5 years of my vacation time, (about $2k)
That doesn't seem like a lot for 5 years' worth
>>
My first job taught me better than this.
A half year of showing up on time, all the time, and all that came of it was I became the guy that shifts get dumped on when Stacy just dosen't feel like working today. Fuck that noise.
>>
>>1441780
This
>>
>>1441653
>honor
Lmao cuck. You are just a cog
>>
>15 vacation days a year
>5 sick days a year
>3 personal days a year
>2 floating holidays a year

I've used every single day every year for the past 5 years. And that doesn't include holidays.

What kind of masochist doesn't take time off from work?

If you don't take time off or stay late at work every night for no real reason, what do you think that tells your boss? It tells him that you don't respect your own personal time and that there's no reason he should either.
>>
You're a brainwashed idiot. There is not honor or glory from never missing a day of work. I assume you get sick time, and you'd be an idiot to not use it just for some imagined sense of honor.
>>
>>1441568
Started college in 2012.

Never missed a day.

Started work towards the end of 2015.

Still havent missed a day.

Feel pretty good.
>>
OP don't listen to these people

They do have a point. There are some jobs when they probably wont give a fuck about you as a person and just want someone they can work to death. These jobs are generally shit anyways.

Then there are the jobs where this behavior gets noticed and rewarded (promotions, raises).

It's good you have honor.

>be me
>be new guy at job
>work there 4 months
>get another new guy
>im supposed to teach him and stuff (office job that pays well and requires degree)
>bear in mind I only get paid to work 40 hours a week
>8-5 mon-fri ; unpaid 1 hour break
>sometimes say late and sometimes come in early because shit needs to be done (our job works with people in different time zones)
>new guy is good at first, but since I am busy with my work can't teach him as much
>starts to not have much work to do, but still is getting paid for 40 hours a week
>starts to take longer lunch breaks, come in late and leave early regularly
>logs time as 40 hours every week
>know he doesnt have much work to do but there is a long list of things he should be learning about for when we ask him to do it
>months go by
>start to get really busy on one project so give him my side projects
>he fucks up so badly
>like he didnt even do any learning
>cant do shit to help because im busy on this project for like 2 months straight
>literally takes 3-4x the time to do his part of projects
>guess the 10k+ he got to 'teach himself' went to waste
>boss asks me about it
>open up and say it's possible he may be a huge slacker
>key card security in building for entrance and exit, see he takes 2 hour lunch breaks, comes in 45 min late and leaves 45 min early
>long story short boss confronts him, gives him oppurtunity to shape up
>month later same antics when work slows down
>he gets fired i get a 20% pay raise

this company is the best company i have ever worked for. this guy squandered it with a mentality of being a shitty worker
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.