[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if you take online video games, and introduce gambling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

What if you take online video games, and introduce gambling?

Essentially, you're exploiting people who are already prone to video-game addiction to gambling, which is also highly addictive.

Each player (or team) can buy in at $10, $20, $50 etc and play to win the pot - either as a team or if its an individual 1v1 game, winner takes all.

This gambling service is accessible to anyone through my app.
>>
>>1440265
>fantasy sports
>csgo gambling
>lawsuits
>>
>>1440272

>Fantasy sports.

How about an app that allows people to bet on other people's bet's? I.e. synthetic bets.

Or, a service that pools the risk of different people's bet's into a single fund of bets, divided into various tranches according to risk?
>>
>>1440265
>you're exploiting people who are already prone to video-game addiction to gambling, which is also highly addictive.

They already do that. It has become incredibly common in recent years. Everything that offers random rewards taps into this, but the way the're doing it now is quite shameless. Think about it. There's no reason a random reward couldn't just show up. But every game under the sun has some variant of a spinning wheel of fortune, basically a slot machine. The delay between initiating the reward and seeing what it is, taps into lower instincts. We're tense, our expectations build, the reward is perceived much more importantly than it actually is - basically, it's facilitating addictive behaviour. And showing you other, much better rewards zipping by on the wheel is purely to make you addicted. There's no reason for it. The RNG has already decided on the reward, but they always make it seem as if you were just 1 tick off of the biggest and best thing ever, so you keep coming back.

CSgo cases, Forza Horizon rewards, "packs" in every card and deck building game under the sun. Their basic mechanism is gambling addiction. In case of CSgo and deckbuilding games, there even is money involved to buy more spins of the wheel.

You're at least a decade late with your idea. This is mainstream gaming right now.
>>
>>1440265
Gambling in a medium that is inteded for children.
I wonder what can go wrong with such biz idea.
>>
An idea I had was to simply have a RS or WoW type game with an Arena which you can participate in (divided into 10 level segments) or bet Gold™ on (which is solely obtained with irl currency). Too many people either refuse to leave their old game or have no patience to participate in a game for more than 50 hrs.

Have it for free because I'm an hero before Sunday.
>>
I played a game where eventually the devs introduced a "mystery box" drop that could contain anything from run of the mill shit to insanely valuable boosters or gear. To open a mystery box you had to use one time use "analysis kit" that had to be purchased with in game currency.

The mystery boxes could be obtained in such numbers that the only way to actually open them all was to buy in game currency. The whole thing turned into an elaborate slot machine that paid out fake money. People would group up to grind out tens of thousands of these magic boxes then pay hundreds of real dollars to open them, then maybe be rewarded with God like in game abilities.
>>
>>1440265
Yeah. It's called RuneScape.
>>
>>1440265
>What if you take online video games, and introduce gambling?
You're describing microtransactions, especially in the style used in games like TF2, Overwatch, and CSGO.
>>
>>1440265
Because online gambling is super heavily regulated, if not outright illegal in any specific situation.
>>
>>1440265
its was called Diablo 3 v1.10 and before.
>>
just let me take your money on draftkings
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.