[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to do better >21 >broke >staying at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (23KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 460x288px
I'm trying to do better

>21
>broke
>staying at moms house as of last week
>lost my car
>starting at McDonald's tomorrow to get some quick cash
>have another 1099 job, selling cable/internet
>there's money in it but its door to door and I have to find a way to areas that I can work
>boss said he understands my situation, won't fire me
>says I can't definitely sell
>so I have this job where if I'm really out there playing the numbers I can hit 1k/wk easily
>mom telling me I can't stay with her for very long
>Starbucks saying they'll most likely hire me
>don't know whether to drop McDonald's after like a week for a better job or do both for a while until I can go back and work door to door
>either way, plan on working a full time w2 job as a first priority. Starbucks isn't bad
>assuming I can hit a realistic goal of 8-9 sales/week working every evening and starbucks every morning I calculate a pretty good gross income before taxes
>so good that I could pay almost all my debt in a year and still have enough money to buy a few nice things and live a middle class life
>the math is right there staring me in the face but I feel like I can't get it going

I'm looking for general advice. Like I said I'm a 21 year old with very little to my name but I believe I am sociable and driven enough to change that drastically with a year or two of hard work
>>
Military
Air force
Score high on as asvab
Get good job
Make money
Travel
Get educated
Get gi bill
Get masters
Intern at hedge fund
Become a financial analyst
Work with CFO
>>
>>1439124

What i did
>>
>>1439124
working in the chair force during peace time sounds chill as fuck.
>>
>>1439124
I'd firmly oppose anything involving combat because of my political inclination. I also have a misdemeanor drug conviction.
>>
>>1439132

I was a meteorologist. I literally watched tv, did college homework, and fucked off on the internet all day in Germany when the weather was nice
>>
>>1439133

>drugs

Maybe the army will take you
>>
>>1439138
I'd rather not go the military route anyway. I consider myself much too worldly to choose the college/military path that most kids are pressured into
>>
>>1439133
>>1439146

You are a coward.
>>
>>1439152
>coward

I believe that award goes to the United Brown Baby Killers of America
>>
>>1439146

Well you seem like you have a good additude and are willing to work. Stay away from the r9k cancer mentality and maybe shit will work out for you other than the military
>>
>>1439167

Oh..btw

You can make huge money in sales. Its a very valuable skill to master
>>
>>1439133
>combat
>chair force
choose one
>>
OP see if you can get 50-60 hours a week working. Don't try to take a day off when you can be making money (and you need it)

Stay with your mom as long as you can and save money. Help out with bills or groceries so she lets you stay long so long it's cheaper than splitting rent with someone on Craigslist.

Try to get some form of education. Whether it's a GED or an IT certification so you can move up to a better paying job. Good luck
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.