[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody here weld for a living? Starting to get into welding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: welding.jpg (1MB, 5024x2756px) Image search: [Google]
welding.jpg
1MB, 5024x2756px
Does anybody here weld for a living? Starting to get into welding and was wondering if I can really make a living doing so.
>>
>>1438994
I don't know which country you're from, but in mine as well as others in Europe, welders are in high demand. In the US and Canada I also heard you can make good money provided you know where to go.
>>
>>1439032
I live in the Us currently but thinking of moving back to Europe because of family, friends etc
>>
Yes, you can make a living with an extremely versatile skilled trade used in dozens of industries.

What the fuck do you think? What are you expecting from this thread?
>>
I work in industrial trades in Canada. Met a welder last year from Quebec who lives out of a suitcase traveling to unionized jobs all over the country. He's 24 and made 240,000 CAD last year. Pipeline work.

You can make some serious fucking cash if you get into the right field of welding.
>>
>>1439111
so he made roughly $30,000 american? big deal
>>
>>1439081
Thanks, cuck
>>
>>1439111

Are you memeing? I know you can make upwards of 60-80,000 USD but 184k??

Seriously, I'm choosing if I want to go to college right now but I've always loved trade jobs more, but I love money most, can you offer any proof you can make that much cash?
>>
>>1439205
The oil industry is shit. The hours are shit. The conditions are shit. The locales are shit. And the paychecks can be unsteady. The only way oil companies get skilled labor to work those jobs is by throwing money at people.
>>
>>1438994
I have friends of friends who weld. I think they make 50 + bucks an hour. + Overtime. Probably making 6 figures a year but you have to work graveyard and I hear its no fun. I live in Canada by the way
>>
>>1438994
My neighbor across the street is a self-employed welder.

He seems to do ok. He lives by himself in a house he owns worth a couple hundred thousand. He has a new work truck every year which is probably worth almost as much as his house. A new car every couple years. He's always on vacation some place or other. Has some nice bikes and sleds and toys.

I'd guess he makes close to six figures.
>>
>>1439335
You can tell because most tradesman piss their money away on new toys every year. Good for him though.
>>
>>1439349

Same as folks do with lottery money, oddly.
>>
>>1439353
Yea I work at a credit union in an oil heavy area so I see this shit all day. They get those fat paychecks every week and blow it on $800 truck notes and going out to eat and drink every day. Then oil drops and here they come broke as shit whining about poor little me.

No more pity for them from me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.