[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody here ever gone through a staffing company to find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_m5abo4NU5k1rrycbpo1_500.png (143KB, 379x253px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5abo4NU5k1rrycbpo1_500.png
143KB, 379x253px
Has anybody here ever gone through a staffing company to find /biz/ related employment? Recent (desperate) graduate looking for a job making a livable income. My expectations aren't high, I just need something to get me by/stay productive for the time being.
>>
>>1438965
Aren't staffing companies for like temporary office admin and factory shit?
>>
>>1438969
Not exactly, supposedly there are plenty of people (both entry level and experienced) who utilize them for numerous job fields including accounting, supply chain, actuary, ect.
>>
>>1438973
dunno, go for it then

personally i've only seen them hire people for literal slave labor like assembly of car parts or other monotonous factory work
>>
>>1438965
i went through robert half to find an AML compliance temp (they use the word consultant instead of temp) jobs at JPMorgan which lead to a full time offer after 6 months.

however, i was in the minority and I just outperformed literally everyone. They literally took in about 90~ temps and I would say about 20~ got full time offers after 6-8 months.

I made about 21 an hour with some shitty health/insurance given by the recruiter (i wasnt paid by jpmorgan, jp morgan paid the recruiter and the recruiter paid me. it seemed as tho it they paid the recruiter 39~ dollars an hour and i got 21)
this is nyc so its not the best of pay.... but now im officially with jpmorgan and my salary is 54k in aml compliance. if the economy is still k i expect to bounce somewhere else after a year for a 10k~ maybe even 15k bump
>>
>>1438993
save up anon. i've worked corporate before and they'll drop you and ten thousand others like a rock when a storm hits. seriously though, always have a back up plan because management doesn't give two shits about anybody.
>>
>>1438993
Sounds like you had a pretty decent experience with one then. I'm from Chicago, so I suppose the breakdown will be somewhat similar.
Not that I've been an overachiever by any means, but it seems the HR people want to low ball me on my expected salary despite the fact I do have relevant work experience and a respectable college career.
>>
I went through a logistics staffing company for my current biz analyst job in 3pl.

3pl is weird though. 90% of the time, regardless of the job you are looking to do they will put you in a floor level operation job for 3-6months so you learn from the bottom.

I was a stand up lift driver for 14 weeks as a temp. Then after 550 hours they transitioned me to my real roll as Manufacturing Business Analyst
>>
>>1439001
i am, however the interesting part of this field is that the government is very hesitate to give up powers over banks that creates this job market (PATRIOT act), thus granting some job security.

i could be completely wrong tho lol im trying to lateral into more financial compliance with going for my jd part time. jd is mostly funded, prob will have to take out 10k in loans ... but itll grant me a lot of opportunity to move into more marketable areas of financial compliance

but hey, i could be back to the shit hole unemployment tommorrow for all i know
>>
>>1439005
>low ball me on my expected salary

what field? what kinda work experience? a college degree is basically the same everywhere if you're non-stem/finance degree imo
>>
>>1439028
Supply Chain. Related internships. Economics/mathematics. 52k is my desired wage. Some agents have suggested that "35-40k is what were looking at"
>>
>>1439040
yea lol i work with some guy who has a masters in math graduated with honors who cant find a job either

market is bad and ive literally become more religious praising lordy jesus christ i got a job
>>
>>1439052
Haha well thanks for the insight.
Overall, though, you would suggest going through a staffing agency given the circumstances?
>>
>>1439054
yea def, check terms of contract saying if you get full time hired from the company, they get % of your salary. Mine didn't have that, I don't think that's standard practice, but i've heard rumors that exists.
>>
>>1438965
I have a 14 year career with a large financial services/mutual funds company that started in a temp to hire call center position with the staffing company that they own (but don't provide temps exclusively to my company). Wasn't much out there back in post 9/11 economy, but turns out it got my foot in the door with a great company, there was plenty of OT opportunities to make 12/hr tolerable, and my 9 months temporary service counted when I was converted to full-time. I doubt my experience is unique, but I'm sure there are also horror stories out there.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.