[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The guy who owns pic related is a billionaire. Why doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: home-social1.jpg (49KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
home-social1.jpg
49KB, 1600x900px
The guy who owns pic related is a billionaire. Why doesn't he just throw 100 million for a movies budget and take 100% of the box office? Wouldn't he make a lot more money doing that than splitting it with 4 or 5 producers
>>
>>1438792
He's distributing the risk.
>>
Hedging. Why risk 10% of your wealth on one investment when you don't have to.
>>
>>1438792
Films are hit or miss. Studios rely on the law of large numbers to turn a profit. And when you're playing that game, the more cash you have, the better.
>>
How can I invest $1000 into one of these Hollywood films and get some nice returns?
>>
>>1438792

Lol nigga I worked in film for 3 years.

A lot of movies lose money. It is a gamble everytime. Even capeshit. That latest Fantastic 4 movie lost money.
>>
>>1439022
That's because the latest Fantastic 4 movie was a shitshow that was only created so Fox could hold the license. They have to keep making movies or Marvel gets FF back.
I don't think they even spent very much on marketing.
>>
>>1438945
You can't. Besides, $1000 doesn't even pay the weekly salary of a single stagehand getting chewed out for serving the wrong type of water to generic movie cunt #8.766.019
>>
>>1438792
Why spend your own money when other people will put up the budget.

Also don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Also, a $100 million dollar film need to make roughly $350 million dollars to be profitable. (100m production budget, 75-100m P&A, only 50% of ticket sales -- theater takes the rest.)
Yes you do get a bit extra by loaning the production company the budget at a high interest rate and from international rights, but that can be offset by paying backend to your above-line talent (movie stars, directors).

He's better off putting a fraction of that into individual productions, pooling it with other people's money and making a profit on every second film.

Also, I've said this before on this board. Distribution is where the money is.
IP is a nice way to make money if you have the capital and the sense for what audiences want.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.