[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens to people's portfolios/other assets when they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

What happens to people's portfolios/other assets when they go to prison?

I was just thinking... let's say someone goes to prison, what happens to their things? They can no longer manage their car, bank accounts, broker account/portfolios, or their home or other possessions.

So what happens? If you go to prison for numerous years can you freeze your bank and broker accounts? Do you tell your landlord then pack your shit and put it in a storage locker? Same with car? Can you pay in advance multiple years for those?

But most importantly your bank and broker accounts. What happens to them since you cant manage them for many years, can you request them frozen?
>>
your bank account and investments stays the same, if you have bank fees, they will keep deducting untill you run into the negatives
>>
>>1436968
What if your money gets stolen and you're not available to report it to the bank for 5 years?

That happens sometimes, would you be fucked then or get it back?
>>
You can use a phone in jail right? So you can call all these people if you want to? Everything goes as normal and the govt would likely seize anything significant as proceeds of crime anyway
>>
>>1436966
What the fuck are you planning to do?
>>
>>1436979
Nothing, was just curious about it all for a while. When I was following the Martin Shkreli thing in particular it made me think about what happens to their shit, since they have cars, homes full of stuff and whatnot

>>1436976
Could someone not impersonate you if it was that easy? Struggling to see how the security would hold up here.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.