[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exactly how much of a meme is university? I'm getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Exactly how much of a meme is university?

I'm getting the idea that working your way up in a business, or doing an apprenticeship is much more valuable, and you don't get the debt.

The only really useful degree outside of le STEM maymay seems to be a business degree too, even then that seems pointless when you can get hands-on experience and knowledge, instead of throwing away 3-4 years of your youth on what boils down to something purely theoretical.
>>
I've studied mechanical engineering and as much as i can say it pretty much turned me upside down. I would do it again. Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>1436225
How much did it help in gaining success/cash/career advancement?
>>
>>1436213
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credentialism_and_educational_inflation
>"Credentialism and educational inflation are any of a number of related processes involving increased demands for formal educational qualifications, and the devaluation of these qualifications."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grade_inflation
>Grade inflation is the tendency to award progressively higher academic grades for work that would have received lower grades in the past.
>>
>>1436225
All my buddies who are engineers say that they never do more than algebra at work and make less than their managers.
>>
File: 1470686648666.jpg (106KB, 599x549px) Image search: [Google]
1470686648666.jpg
106KB, 599x549px
It's a fucking joke especially if you're a straight while male and not a sissy faggot

All the faculty and professors will hate you and give you shitty grades because youre white

You'll be surrounded by Dindus who are getting a free ride because dindu

You'll be surrounded by women who are 99% feminists and liberals

Your degree will mean nothing, even more so as a white guy because affirmative action

Even stem and the hard sciences/math is cucked

Every school from 1st grade to 12th is filled with liberal insane cat lady teachers and every university is filled to the brim with commie jews. Good luck
>>
>>1436748
This post really changed my perspective on things. What should I do now?
>>
>>1436762

Study at a polytechnical institute. Not a university. Not a college. 2 years max. Any 4 year program is a joke.

Otherwise find what market demands and make lots of money. I'm sitting here in the richest part of vancouver and 3 of my neighbours are builders, real estate is only 12.5% of the economy of Canada but brings in over 50% of the gdp. That is hat I meant by finding what the market demands.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.