[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fell for the liberal arts meme 80k in debt and a Macbook full

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 10

Fell for the liberal arts meme
80k in debt and a Macbook full of musings and short stories
>>
I probably would have fallen for the liberal arts meme if I my GPA wasn't 1.3 in high school. Even meme tier colleges didn't want my meme tier high school transcripts.
>>
File: 1412547074670.gif (859KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1412547074670.gif
859KB, 200x200px
>>1434663

cheer up m8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ2ClPjFnB8
>>
>>1434663
Start a blog, be passionate about it, learn how to affiliate, make real money.

Working for other people at all is the real meme.
>>
>>1434663
try r9k
>>
File: 16b.gif (227KB, 600x679px) Image search: [Google]
16b.gif
227KB, 600x679px
>>1434692
>>
File: 1465266935770.jpg (9KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
1465266935770.jpg
9KB, 236x177px
>>1434694
The affiliate meme is even a bigger one.
>>
File: 1466182035716.jpg (23KB, 482x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466182035716.jpg
23KB, 482x360px
if you would have applied yourself to your art and created some substantial works while you were in school you income prospects coming out would have been a lot better

people say liberal arts is a meme, I'd argue it pays better than your average STEM degree if you fucking APPLY yourself and stay convicted to your art, it's a lot more work

liberal art majors who work 6-8 hours per day on their own time crafting & refining their vision are the ones who are going to make it
>>
>>1434723
you would argue wrong

try the bureau of labor statistics
>>
>>1434723
>Unironically advising people to major in art for literally any reason

Anyone with that much consistency and drive doesn't need an art school to get good.
>>
>>1434731
the general liberal art student isn't going to do what I described, not at all

they think the classes and projects are enough for them, and they aren't actually convicted to expression themselves in art

I shit you not, even with all the information out there telling them otherwise they think with a degree in hand, they'll be able to coast into a contract with a publishing company or sell their work at a high value without having spent the many hours required alone to make a good artist

IF you graduate with a rich & diverse portfolio of works, you WILL find work, good paying work, largest chance at making it big.

Most people graduate having done nothing but fuck around with friends/social media the entire time and are now held down by debt and employment requirements.

You -NEED- to put in INSANE amount of hours in a liberal arts degree to make it work, this is what people don't get.
>>
>>1434749
you're absolutely right, but it's a massive assistance to your overall goal.

art is largely a collaborative effort, and learning to work/discuss with others is a key job-requirement in your early years -- and being constantly exposed and networking with artist of SOME decent caliber helps you grow as an artist

another thing is thank to the student loan system, you can live and give full attention to your work without having to worry about income for the most part

this ISN'T for everyone, but the reason liberal arts gets a bad rap is because of retards like OP and it breaks my heart
>>
File: 1470215329180.gif (188KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1470215329180.gif
188KB, 500x375px
>>1434766
>the reason liberal arts gets a bad rap is

because it's a waste due to the limited applications it has in the real world. its a shitty meme field and statistics overwhelmingly support that

you become either an insanely good artist (1 out of 1000) or you become a high school art teacher making 40k a year for the rest of your life - assuming you dont admit what a monumental mistake it was in the first place and go back for something else thats actually useful
>>
>>1434663
Just apply yourself, you are ahead of people who didn't go to college
>>
File: Joe_Hisaishi_in_Krakow.jpg (944KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Joe_Hisaishi_in_Krakow.jpg
944KB, 1500x2000px
>>1434803
you become insanely good by putting in insane hours, there's no such thing as god-given talent or whatever you'd liek to classify it as

school is a extension of an already working artist who's putting in at least 50% of their day into composition-- higher education isn't necessary for these people but instead a valuable asset, somewhat dependent on their craft... it WILL help you grow

is liberal arts saturated by underachievers who are there for shallow reasons? absolutely -- but at the end of the day, if you APPLY yourself to the art and don't get fooled into thinking the classes & projects will carry you, you will have success... fucking guaranteed.

don't think the creative industry is all or nothing-- people also get confused and think you're either a millionaire world recognized artist or you're starving... ABSOLUTELY false. There is a LOT of well paying middle ground to be had.

quality artists are in high-demand, don't think otherwise-- people just need to lock themselves in a room with just their tools and their art for multiple hours a day
>>
File: images.washingtonpost.com.jpg (223KB, 1200x835px) Image search: [Google]
images.washingtonpost.com.jpg
223KB, 1200x835px
ALSO the creative industry still values a degree, don't think otherwise-- it helps shows producers that you can follow a schedule and make deadlines.

creating media is as much as a job as coding for google
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.